Evenlyn's Story: The Volterra Years (Book Two)

I'm back with Evenlyn's Story! Hope you enjoy the prologue!

It's good to be back <3

xxx

A.

December

Dear family,

I know that you'll never read this but I am hoping I'll feel a little more at peace with myself as I write this.

Today is Christmas Eve and also one of the saddest days of the year for me. It has been so hard to stay away, to not run from this hell hole back to you. It breaks my heart all over again every time the sun climbs into the sky. It's one more day without you all. One day that the most I can do is write another letter, which will not be sent. I wish I could at least call.

My life is so empty without you. I never wanted to live without you. I never wanted to live without any one of you. Never meant to spend one minute of the days that ly ahead without you. It is the worst punishment someone could have given me.

When will this torment end? When will it be safe to go back? How long will it be before I can hear your voices again?

I miss you so much there are no words to describe. Every single day I long for your voices, you laughter and your presence... I am so tired of living without you. I keep myself, or at least try to busy to hold my thoughts at bay but there's always something that triggers a reminder of your absence.

The hope of someday being with you again is the only thing that keeps me going, that keeps me sane. The emptiness I feel in my heart won't disappear until I find you again, no matter how long that will take.

You'll forever hold my heart, I love you,

Evenlyn