Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"So you finally did it." Louis stated I nodded in answer and he whistled. "Do you feel like a man now?"

"Stop it, Louis. May I remind you how long it took you to 'man' up?" Eleanor teased with a smirk on her face. Louis narrowed his eyes at her. 

"I thought we agreed to make it seem like I did it straight away." He accused and she just shrugged her shoulders. 

"But, Louis, come on. It took you six months! Six! That's half a year." She replied. I suddenly got confused. 

"Wait, are we talking about the sex or the i love you?" I asked. 

"The i love you, you idiot. By the way, who waits for four months to have sex? I did it the first date." Louis teased. 

"He's lying. It took him a month." Eleanor whispered loudly. I chuckled. 

"Babe." Ruby's voice came from the bathroom and I smiled at the couple on my couch and went to go see what Ruby wanted. 

"Yeah?" I asked her as I walked straight through the door. It's been pretty normal lately, she's been half living at mine in the past week when we finally said it. I haven't Louis in a while since he and Eleanor went to Doncaster to visit his family. So he only found out about it today. But Ruby and I have gotten a lot closer since then maybe even closer before the fight. 

She was currently standing in front of the mirror in nothing but a towel that barely covered her body. She turned to face me when I walked in and gave me a smile before turning back to the mirror, applying some cream on her face. 

"Who's here?" She asked. 

"It's El and Louis." I told her and she nodded as she scrubbed the cream in. Then she stepped back and kissed my lips before walking across the hall to my room to put clothes on. I rolled me eyes at her as I followed her in. 

"Do you want to grab lunch with them?" She asked as she pulled on a light blue summer dress. 

"Um, I was kind of thinking of visiting Elise today." I said cautiously, watching her reaction. She froze in the middle of grabbing her shoes from the floor, with her back to me. I couldn't see her face as I say down, waiting for her reaction. To be honest, I had no idea how she would react and I was slightly nervous to know. But as I waited I started to feel relieved in some odd way. 

"Okay, I'll go with them and you can visit her." She said as she sat beside me on the bed to slip on her sandals. 

"I meant I want to visit her with you." I went on. I watched her reaction closely, looking for any sign of irritability or annoyance but there was none. She just pursed her lips and stayed quiet for a while, adjusting the skirt of her dress. After a bit she nodded her head and i tried to hide my surprise. 

"Yeah, I'll go with you." She replied. 

"Are you sure? Because you don't have to, I'm not forcing you to." I told her.

She shrugged. "I'm sure. I'm glad you're letting me see this."

I nodded my head and walked out while she did her hair and make up. I found Eleanor and Louis with a packet of chips in between them with my netflix on playing Orange is the New Black. "Guys, Ruby and I are going to the hospital."

"What?" Louis asked with a mouthful of food. Eleanor slapped his shoulder and gave him a look before he swallowed and repeated his questions. 

"Ruby and I are going to visit Elise." I told them. 

They both looked at me with surprise. "Are you sure?" Eleanor questioned and I nodded my head. "Well, okay then. We're going to stay here, if you don't mind, and finish this kickass show."