Prologue

Halloween was a happy day for the family, as it always was, even in the dark times they were facing, they were still celebrating the holiday. James Potter was sat with his youngest son, carving a pumpkin together, whilst their wife was stood with their oldest son, making pumpkin pasties, closely following the recipe, which used to be James' mothers, and she had passed it on to Lily, in the hopes that Lily will treat her children to that, the same way she had done for James. Their twin sons were only a year old, but even they seemed to be enjoying themselves. Sirius, their youngest had covered himself in pumpkin flesh, whilst Harry had managed to pull apart an uncooked pasty and was throwing pieces of it at the wall. She picked Harry up and carried into the living room, where James was now making a pumpkin levitate with his wand. Harry looked at the floating Pumpkin in fear, but then squealed happily upon seeing his brother.

"James will you give Sirius a bath? I need to clean up the kitchen." Lily said, after she had finished laughing at her son and her husband, as Sirius had covered the two of them in pumpkin flesh and was now attempting to catch up the pumpkin. James just nodded and put the pumpkin down, lily just rolled her eyes and took her husbands wand.

"Hey!" James defended himself. She smirked.

"It's just to make sure you don't levitate our children, I'll give it back later." She said, he nodded and kissed her, taking Harry out of her arms as he did so.

"I'll take Harry as well." James said, "Have fun cleaning the kitchen." He added with a smirk, before disappearing upstairs.

"I hate you Potter!" She yelled jokingly.

"You love me Evans." He responded.

^^

Once everyone had cleaned up, and the family had eaten dinner, they were sat in their living room, just talking.

"I think Sirius will be a Gryffindor." James said, looking at his son, who kept trying to dive onto the floor. Lily shook her head.

"No, I think he'll be a Hufflepuff, but Harry seems like a Gryffindor." She said, James stared at her in a confused manner.

"No child of mine will be a puff! No, there is great things planned for them both, amazing quidditch players for Gryffindor, the pair of them." James declared, earning a sceptical look from his wife.

"Don't be so narrow-minded!" She scolded him, he shrugged and just laughed at her, before his face fell.

"Lily, take Harry, take Sirius and run, he's here!" James yelled, his eyes fixed on the window. Lily stared at him, her eyes wide.

"are- are you sure?" She asked, biting her lip.

"positive." He said, kissing her on the forehead and passing her Sirius. "I love you."

Lily nodded and ran for the stairs, reaching the nursery as she heard the door being blown off its hinges. She put her children in Harry's crib and took her wand out of her pocket, readying herself to defend the three. Then she froze, she still had James' wand.

"Avada Kedavra!" Lily bit back a sob and sunk to the ground on front of her two children.

"Harry, Sirius, Mamma loves you, Dadda loves you." She whispered, smiling sadly as the door was blown into pieces. She stood up faster than a bullet leaving a gun.

"Not Harry, please, not my babies." She begged him, but lord Voldemort showed no mercy.

"Stand aside you silly girl." The dark lord ordered, but the brave woman wouldn't move. "Avada Kedavra!" just like her husband, Lily Evans was dead and the dark lord had now turned to the two children.

It was obvious which one was Harry, he was the one sat in front of his brother, the one who looked ready to fight, and as Voldemort raised his wand to point at the baby, he was the one who did not look scared. As he uttered the killing curse, Voldemort finally realised he had made a mistake, the curse rebounded and the dark lord was gone.

And Harry Potter and Sirius Potter did not die, for there were greater things in store for these twins and one would become the saviour of all that is good in the world, the other would become a pawn in a dangerous game, both were destined to die, but not in the way one might expect.