The Abandoned

As I wonder through the forest I let myself fall onto my memories of the past day, wondering how so much could change in so little time

*Previous Evening*

"Ness Ness I'm scared!" my five year old sister Carmen cried as she came on my bed.

"I know Carm...look come here." I said as I pulled her into my arms. "No one will hurt you as long as I'm around. Now come and get some sleep." "But..." she began.

"No buts' you need rest"

"Ok...Oh and Ness Ness?" she said tiredly.

"Yes Carm."

"I love you and your the best sister ever." she whispered as she drifted of into unconsciousness.

I look down on my sister wondering what brought that on and reply back to her. "I love you Carm."

As I lay my little sister down on my bed I hear footsteps gently padding into my room. Looking up my eyes connect with an older version of me.

"Your a good sister Vanessa, Carmen really looks up to you." My mother says to me.

"She's the best little sister anyone could wish for mom and I would be lost without her..." As I look at my mother I notice a slight look of regret flash across her face before she composes herself again. Brushing it off I go on and continue.

"Why do you stay with him mom when it's obvious he scares you and not to mention how many times I've protected her from him?"

"Since your father left he has been our protection Vanessa, I know you don't fully understand but there is things you don't know, things too hard to explain. But just believe me when I say this...Everything happens for a reason, nothing is ever by chance."

I look at my mother with confusion unsure how to respond to her words and just as I'm about reply she cuts me short...

"Right missy time to get some sleep...Im sure you don't want to be awake when he gets home..."

"Oh and Nessa..."

"Yes Mum"

"I love you and your the best daughter ever."

Before I have time to process my confusion as to why both my mother and sister has said that to me in the same night...I drift into unconscious state of sleep, not before uttering I love you too to my mother.

                                                                     ~ ~ ~

Golden Ray's off light find their way into room initiating that it's well into the afternoon, awakening me from my slumber. As I open my eyelids I peer to my side and notice that the place that had been filled by my sister was in fact empty now.

Starting to fear the worse I go in search for her in the house. First I check her bedroom and it's not until I look closely that I realise all her possessions was missing.

Running to my mom's room next I notice the same, all her items was gone as well. As I run through the house I notice most of the furniture was missing as well.

After about two hours of panicking as to my families whereabouts, I slowly start to recollect myself and go in search for the time.

Reaching my bedroom I realise it's the only one untouched. As I peer at my alarm clock i realise its eight in the evening, so I decide to take a walk to the police station to find my missing family as the house phone was missing as well.

As I walk out the house I decide to take the forest route as its a straight walk to the station by going through there.

*Present*

I walk for about ten minutes before feeling a sense of fatigue so I decide to take a short nap, after gathering a bunch of leaves and resting my head on a log I fall into a deep slumber for what seems like hours...

Suddenly a sharp pain to my head awakens me.

"Ow Ow Ow my foot!" I hear an unfamiliar voice say.

"My head!" I cry out in pain

Bringing my hand to my head I slowly start to stand up to find who the voice belonged to. As I stand up I'm faced by a girl who looks the same age, yet although it was dark It was clear to see this girl had been crying...

(A/N) one more character to introduce...and yay two uploads in one day damn I feel good xD