Act 1: Two Worlds Collide

Fanfic writer Cather Avery was in her dorm with her laptop typing her new fanfiction entitled "The Awakened Beings Calling." Suddenly Reagan barged into the room defeated yet Cath is still typing in her fanfiction. Cath noticed Reagan feeling for only a few seconds before she went back typing.

"Up to your fanfiction business, as usual, huh, Cath?" Reagan said. "I know writing fanfiction is your thing, but please at least stop typing Simon Snow fanfiction.

"FYI, this fanfiction isn't about Simon Snow or anything related to that, Reagan." Cath said.

"Wait, what? I thought you like Simon Snow, Cath." Reagan said, trying to dodge Cath's reply as if nothing happened. She was shocked to have heard what Cath said.

"Yeah, but, about that..." She stopped right in the middle of her sentence to get an apple she bought at a nearby store. The said store was about 30 meters near Cath and Reagan's dorm. "...a few weeks ago, me, Dad and Wren went to Japan for a little vacation. I went to a Japanese convention and some otaku came talking to me about this Kamen Rider. I saw it and, BOOM! I eventually became a fan to that show."

"Wait. Kamen Rider?" Reagan was totally clueless at first before seconds later, she figured out what all the fuss is about. "Hold on, Cath. I've heard of that show before. It's been around since 1971. You have become a fan of one the most popular TV shows in Japan."

"Thank you for that, Reagan." Cath said.

"So what's the title of your new fanfiction, Cath?" Reagan asked.

"It's called-", said Cath before her boyfriend Levi entered the room with her twin sister, named Wren, who is now totally drunk at this point. She went with Levi and got into a hangover after drinking two glasses of vodka. Levi escorted her on the way out.

"Hey, sweetheart, your twin sister's drunk again. We went to a bar and she drank two glasses of vodka." Levi said.

"Seriously Levi, could you at least for once let me finish? I am getting tired of you interrupting me when I'm talking to someone." Cath asked.

"Oh, sorry Cath, carry on." Levi said. Humiliated, he decided to leave the dorm just to get some water. "I'll be right back, ladies. I'll just buy some water for the two of you."

"Well, that didn't go so well. Anyway, Cath, what's the title of your new fanfiction?" Reagan asked.

"It's entitled The Awakened Beings' Calling, Reagan." Replied Cath. To Reagan's surprise, it really wasn't about Simon Snow or anything related to it. Levi arrived 10 seconds later, and heard everything Cath said.

"Cath, just who are those Awakened Beings?" Levi asked, looking quite puzzled.

"Once a Claymore has lost their human consciousness since their half-Yoma, they become monsters known as the Awakened Beings." Reagan replied.

After Reagan's explanation, they heard a sudden noise coming from outside the dorm. It seems that the noise they heard wasn't human at all, and that being was seen in what seems to be black smoke.

"Hey guys, I think we should go check it out. I'm done typing anyway." Cath said.

"Uh, Cath, what are we gonna do with Ms. Drunken Lass here?" Levi asked.

"It's okay, guys... I can manage. Just go on without me, okay?" Wren said, in a drunken accent.

"Ok, Wren. Don't go outside. If there's any trouble here, call us." Cath said. So Cath, Levi, and Reagan left the dorm with Wren in order for them to investigate the strange noises coming from outside. They happened in the street that was near the trio's dorm.