Chris....

Chapter 4

The bell rings and I run out my bedroom towards it. I look into the peephole…..or whatever you call it and see Jason. Excitement fills me as I open the door.

“Hey, babe!” he says as he leans down and kisses me.

“Hey, Jay-love!” after we’d started dating, I’d made a nickname for him and made one for me. Mine was Mary-Vary. “So what we doing today?” I ask as I lock the door.

“How bout a movie?” he says kissing my neck.

“Sounds fun!”

After the movie we went to Felix Diner in front of the theater and ordered our food. “Hon’ I need to talk to you!” Jason said as our food came.

“What is it?” I asked concerned.

“Um…I don’t know how to say this but,” he takes a deep breath, “I’m going to New Jersey for a week or so….do you wana go?”

“Where in New Jersey?” I ask, taking a bite of my burger.

“Camden…” my head pops up.

Flashes of high school pass by. “Chris…” I whisper.

“Who?” Jason asks, obviously confused.

“No one! Yeah sure, I’ll ask Mike.” I smile.

“Great!” he says and leans over to peck me on the cheek.

Chris! I hadn’t thought about for months! Ever since I started dating Jason. Yeah, I did go on MySpace sometimes, but chatted with anyone. Just Jason. Before me and Jason started to date Chris sent me messages, IM’s but I’d just delete them, or not look at them. I didn’t wana see what he’d wrote. I was too depressed.

I still remember the first day we’d met, how we'd become friends. The way he treated me, his best friend! But then the last day of school, his girlfriend, the love of his life. The note, the tears, the goodbye! I felt tears coming down my cheeks. I quickly wipe them, not wanting Jason to see. I’m finally gona see him!

“What!” Mike screams, when I tell him about going to New Jersey. “You wana go back there! After I’d finally gotten you outta there, you wana go back?”

I sigh and walk over to him. Typical Mike; he’d rather worry about me going to NJ rather than me staying with my boyfriend. “Look, it’s not like I’m going there forever! It’s just for a week. We’re going with Jason’s family and I'm going to be with them! So don’t worry bout it.”

He looks up at me. I knew what he was doing. “What’s the real reason you wana go?”

I knew it! I look down before answering, “I need to see Chris. I need to find out how‘s he doin. I mean I won‘t go to him, but from far away!”

He smiles. Mike knew, always did, that I’d loved Chris. “Okay! But be back soon, when’re you leaving?”

I smile, “Tomorrow!”

Hey you guys! Sorry this is short but you know! Gotta have suspense! This’ll keep you updated until a few days! Cuz idk when Ima update! Lolz! Comment plzzzzzzzz!