Chapter Four : First Kiss

-Everything Belongs To It's Rightful Owner-

Chapter 4: First Kiss

Cloud noticed slight bruises that were forming on her arms (because one of Tide's men tightened the chains.)

Tifa looked up at Cloud. "Cloud?" She softly asked.

"I'm here, I won't let anyone hurt you." He whispered.

She weakly smiled before closing her eyes and fell asleep.

-------------------------------

Tifa jerked awake from hearing a tap on the window. As she carefully sat up, pain struck her arms and legs and immediately laid back down.

She recalled when the man tightened the chains. She sighed.

"Wait, where am I now?" She whispered to herself (not realizing).

"You're in the hospital." Replied a voice. She jumped before she realized Reno was sitting right next to her coma.

"You scared the daylights out of me." She hissed at him trying to breathe normally again.

Reno chuckled softly and leaned back on his chair. "Where's Cloud?" "Sleeping in the coma next to you." Reno replied.

She glanced at the coma next to he and sure enough, right there was Cloud sleeping. "What happened to him?" She asked worried.

"A cut and a few bruises. Nothing to worry about." Reno told her casually.

"Where's Marlene and Denzel?" She asked still staring at Cloud as he slept.

"Ehh...I'm sure Rude is doing great with them." Reno replied.

Tifa threw a fake glare at Reno. He smirked at her. "So what's the deal between you and Cloud?" He asked.

"Nothing. Why? Did anybody tell you anything?" She said quickly.

"Calm down I was just wondering. Geez..." Tifa mentally sighed of relief.

"Though gotta appreciate the man. Didn't sleep until he found out you were going to be okay and almost stayed up the whole night with you but the doctors told him he had to sleep to which he (reluctantly) agreed." Reno explained.

'All of that....just for me?' Tifa asked her herself. She blushed but Reno couldn't notice.

She glanced once more at Cloud. 'He's a keeper.' She added.

------------------------------------------------

The next morning Tifa awoke as sunlight brightened up her face. She shieled her eyes from the sunlight as she sat up.

She glanced beside her and Cloud lying there awake, his eyes glued to the ceiling.

"Cloud?..." Tifa whispered. Cloud remained silent. She scooted on her bed towards Cloud to get closer. "Are you okay Cloud?..." Tifa asked a bit frightened by his behavior.

"When Tide's men captured you I thought I lost you. I'm so glad you're with me right now." Was all he said with a slight smile before sitting up.

Tifa stared at him with a shocked face. Did he love her back? She gulped hard and turned her head away from Cloud to hide her scarlet cheeks.

Cloud however stood up, cracked his neck and walked to the side of Tifa's bed.

"How do you feel?" He asked, observing the bruises. "I feel good." She responded smiling. Cloud slightly smiled back, typical him.

Cloud then sighed and a worried expression took over. "What's wrong?" Tifa asked him.

Cloud turned away from her. "I could've prevented this Tifa.." He muttered. "I could've prevented you from being in this hospital, I could've prevented you from getting cuts and bruises, I could've prevented you from-."

"Cloud it's alright! As long as we're both okay it doesn't really matter what you could've prevented." Tifa politely interrupted him.

"Tifa you don't understand, what if I can't protect you if something like this happens again?.." He asked quietly staring right into Tifa's dark brown eyes.

Tifa gently placed her hands on his cheeks and whispered "It'll be fine Cloud, I know you'll protect me from any harm."

She smiled and kissed the tip of his nose softly.

Cloud could feel his cheeks get hot and turn scarlet red.

Tifa gave him her warm smile before they both heard the door open.

Marlene and Denzel.

"Tifa! Cloud!" They both exclaimed as they attacked the two of them with hugs.

Rude stood by the door with his usual serious face. Then Reno appeared next to him.

Reno entered the room and watched as Marlene and Denzel hugged Tifa and Cloud.

"See? I told ya Rude was doing great with them. Right Rude?" Reno happily said with a bright smile.

"Sure." He grunted and took out his sunglasses to reveal one of the lens missing.

Marlene stifled her laughter. "I'm sorry Rude." She sincerely apologized.

Rude nodded and turned to look at Reno.

"So Cloud. Now that you're strong and good to go, how about a fight? Eh?" Reno challenged.

"No." Cloud simply stated. Reno smirked. "C'mone Champ, just one last rematch." He begged.

Cloud stayed silent. "For the girl?" Reno asked and Cloud turned to meet his gaze.

"What girl?" He muttered. Reno nodded his head towards Tifa. "Lockhart girl."

"Don't bring her into this." Cloud hissed as he stood up to be face to face with Reno.

"I say we battle and whoever wins gets a date with her." Reno stated, ignoring what Cloud told him before.

Tifa saw Cloud clench his fists and grit his teeth. "When?" He asked as Reno smiled.

"Tomorrow at the town park." Reno told him. Reno turned to leave the room and Rude shook his head and followed Reno out.

Cloud unclenched his fists. Tifa noticed Marlene and Denzel were watching him with worried expressions.

"Why don't we go for ice cream?" Tifa quickly asked the children to draw attention away from Cloud.

The children quickly nodded at Tifa with bright smiles. "Alright I'll meet you guys downstairs. Deal?" "Deal!" They said in unison as the races out of the room.

Tifa turned to look at Cloud. "Cloud...?" She spoke softly. He slightly tilted his heads towards her. "What's wrong?" She asked quietly.

"I can't lose tomorrow." He stated with a solemn tone. "Why not?" She questioned him. "Case I can't let you be his..." Cloud mumbled turning to look away from her.

"Why not?...." She questioned again. "I wanted to make you mine...." He muttered.

Tifa blushed before she walked in front of him to meet his gaze.

"I can be yours if you like." She whispered with her gentle smile.

Cloud looked up at her and they slowly neared each other while staring into each others eyes.

Their lips finally met