Chapter Eight ~ I get along with The Voices inside of my head

Unedited**

"But with the beast inside, There's nowhere we can hide"- Imagine Dragons, Demons

Previously**

My head whipped up to find a smirking male standing there, it took me a few seconds before I realised who he was.

Going all the way back to my first day, I remember meeting him.

We both continued to stare each other down, not breaking eye contact, waiting for the other to speak.

Finally, although without breaking eye contact, he spoke, "You should probably clean that up."

Following his eyes to the maid cart I realised what I didn't before... It was on fire!

*

*

*

*

*

*

I felt the clip of handcuffs on my wrists, I wasn't sure if that was even legal, but I didn't argue.

Once they were sure I was secured they pulled me back up from the floor and just before they dragged me away I was able to get a glimpse of who put the fire out.

Boyd had finally made an appearance in this day.

Before I could reply with a sarcastic comment the door opened and in walked the owner of this horror house, James Caulfield.

Chapter 8 ~ I get Along with The Voices inside of my Head

James Caulfield was a rich man; his confidence and power seem to surround him in a dazzling aura. As he walked into the office with a stride that painted the perfect picture of confidence, I couldn’t help but feel a nagging feeling of worry. I was careful to not let the emotion be visible on my face, knowing that Stan would give me a lecture if I did. A little slip of emotion could make me appear vulnerable, and if I appeared vulnerable I may as well paint a target on my back with a sign that says ‘$100,000 if you hit the bullseye.’

My eyes followed his movement, whilst his eyes and posture stayed casual. He acted as if I wasn’t here, as he sat at his fancy office chair and turned on his computer. He pulled out a file and began flipping through it.

His casual attitude only managed to increase my silent worry.  The way he was acting defined him as the type not to be easily scared; meaning piss him off and you might want to change your address. 

Unfortunately I couldn’t change my address and I had a feeling that he didn’t think the highest of me at the moment. 

He continued to pretend that I wasn’t there, until his eyes finally left the screen and flew up to something behind me. 

“You can leave now Liam.” He spoke simply; his statement reminded me that there was a guard still in the room.

I turned to see Liam’s reaction, he eyes flashed with an emotion that I couldn’t fathom but he didn’t refuse the statement; Smart man. 

When the door closed behind Liam, Mr Caulfield continued to ignore me, at one point I was convinced that he had forgotten I was there. I was tempted to try and sneak out before he realised I was still sitting in the irritating chair, before I could make any movement, he spoke.

“Miss Theodora-Rayne Sade.” He voice came out causal but strict. 

“It’s Teo.” I muttered back to him.

His eyes flew away from a folder, which I guessed was mine, he had been flipping through and met mine; he sent a glare that intended to make me rethink before I corrected him. All it did was make me angrier and more tempted to ‘correct him’, Stan stopped me.