One Shot

"Don't worry Keeley, your best friend is here to save the day," Nicky said with pride.

Keeley rolled her eyes at the antics of her friend. They had just finished their yearly fair adventure and now they were ready to go home. Since asking her twin brother Zach for a ride was not an option, because of an argument they had had, Nicky so kindly offered to take her home. She knew how frustrating Zach could be.

"Shotgun!" yelled a voice behind them. Keeley and Nicky turned just in time to see three guys run past them, all around their age.

One of them bumped into Keeley.

Keeley scowled as she nearly fell to her knees.

Someone wearing a dark blue cap turned around while still running and yelled, "Ha! Lot's of girls do that for me, I just didn't think you'd be that quick," followed by a wink.  He turned back around and punched his friend's shoulder. They laughed hysterically like it was the best joke they'd heard in years and continued running to the other side of the parking lot. Their blonde friend jogging behind them shook his head and tried to hide his smile.

Keeley grimaced. Of course the one person who had bumped into her wouldn't apologize.

"The least you could do is say sorry!" yelled Nicky, but either they didn't hear her or they decided to ignore her.

Keeley, however, didn't care about an apology. After this incident, her fight with Zach, and the long day that she had had, she was more than ready to go home.

"Leave it," she told Nicky. "It's definitely not worth it."

"But- at least make them apologize."

"Come on, it's not like we're going to ever see them again."

Nicky stared at her for a long moment. Finally, she glared at the males one last time before continuing to her car. Keeley began to follow her when she looked down and noticed that her phone was on the ground. It must have fallen out of her pocket when the blonde guy had bumped into her. She just hoped her phone was ok. If it wasn't, it would just be the cherry on top of her exhausting day.

She got in the car and tried not to slam the door. She had enjoyed her day but she felt like a zombie, ready to drop and die. The car had already started when Nicky asked, "Whose phone is that?"

"What?"

"Why do you have two phones?" asked Nicky with the same perplexed expression that was on Keeley's face.

"What are you talking about? This is my phone."

Nicky cocked her head. "Yours is still in you back pocket..."

To prove Nicky wrong, Keeley pressed the home button and showed her the screen. Nicky scrunched up her face. "What happened to Tucker?"

Keeley immediately turned the phone around and saw the reason why Nicky had grimaced. There was a nearly naked woman plastered to the front of a car as the lock screen. This was clearly not her phone. She gasped. "I think I know who this belongs to!"

"Why do you have a random phone..." Nicky mumbled to herself as she backed out of their parking spot.

"Come one, get out of the car! We have to give this back!"

"But-"

"The guys. It probably belongs to one of the guys that ran past us, let's go."

She wasn't necessarily fond of the thought of having to see them again but she wasn't going to keep a stranger's belonging.

Rapidly, they both climbed out of the vehicle only to notice that the car the boys had gone into was racing past them. Keeley threw her hands up in defeat- now how was she supposed to return the phone? Nicky was anything but defeated. Keeley was more than surprised when Nicky took off, running after the racing car.