13. Challenge

My alarm woke me up at 6am sharp, I climbed out of bed careful to not wake Braxton.
"Why didn't you want to wake me?" Braxton's grouchy voice sounded.
"I was going to after I got dressed" I said as he was getting up
"Why not now?" He asked, a flicker of mischief flashed in his eyes
"I thought you might want more sleep" I smiled sweetly, he grabbed my by my waist and crashed me into him and covered my lips with his. I smiled at first and then kissed back.

He finally pulled away,
"I don't want to sleep without you" he smiled and lightly nipped the tip of my nose.
"Ew!" I shook my head and laughed.

I went to my closet and changed into a pair of black jeans, a gray shirt that had a lace detail and I threw on a cropped black leather jacket since it's almost reaching the coldest months. I also put on a pair of white adidas. I tucked my moms necklace into my shirt and grabbed a white watch from a top of one set of drawers that was in my closet.

"During the challenge, I'm having someone put all of your clothes and new suits in the closet" I told Braxton, as I was walking out of the closet. I cleaned out a section of my closet that had 2 racks, one for his suits and formal attire, and one for his just regular clothes. I also left him 3 sets of drawers, and one row on my shoe wall.
"Thanks" he said and kissed my cheek. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and my hair. I left my hair in its natural messiness. I walked out of the bathroom and looked at Braxton, he was wearing another pair of black joggers and a white v-neck.

Me and Braxton walked to the kitchen with our hands intertwined. Once I got to the kitchen I saw Aiden and Xavier there, joking around. Like they aren't going to go and fight for a title in 30 minutes.
"Drew, this is my beta, Xavier" Braxton introduced me to Xavier
"Your highness" Xavier bowed slightly, he had light brown hair and light hazel eyes
"Please, just Drew" I smiled at him. I began to make waffles because it was the fastest thing I could think of. I made all three of the boys waffles and then Andrea came downstairs and wanted some, so I made her some. I wasn't very hungry so I grabbed a blood bag from the fridge and excused myself. I really wasn't comfortable drinking in front of people.

I walked outside to the garden for a few minutes and enjoyed my bag. I went to my mothers roses that were slowly withering and touched one of the roses and watched as it nourished back to beauty.
"I guess there is no need for Katiya anymore" I heard Aiden behind me chuckle
"I guess not" I smiled and continued to look at the red flowers.
"We need to get going" he told me and I nodded my head and walked back inside and threw away the empty bag.

Braxton grabbed my hand and we walked outside to a clearing in the woods where a few people gathered to see the challenge. Aiden and Xavier were in the middle, shirtless because they have to shift for the fight.
"Shift" I commanded in my royal command and they did. Aiden's sleek, gray wolf was slightly larger than Xavier's caramel colored wolf.
"Let the challenge begin" I used my royal command again and then the challenge started.

They circled each other for only a few moments until Aiden struck and bit into Xavier's back hip. He helped and threw Aiden off of him, he then bit into Aiden's back Leg and pulled. Aiden quickly pulled away and bounced back. Aiden was now clearly pissed, but I'm hoping he can keep that under control. He snarled at Xavier and snapped ferociously, a small flicker of terror flashed through Xavier's eyes but quickly went away as he dove at Aiden's neck. He grabbed ahold of it but not good enough because Aiden threw him off quickly. Xavier then went and clawed his side, ripping it. I saw the look in Aiden's eyes I never wanted to see again. Fear even took over my body as he slowly stalked over to Xavier and snarled  viciously, like a rabid animal. I couldn't blame him, he was a protector, so that means we he gets very mad a switch flips and he turns rabid.

He took hold of Xavier by his neck and I started to take off my jacket and shoes.
"What are you doing?!" Braxton growled at me
"If I do not stop him now, he will kill Xavier" i said calmly
"I'm not letting you intervene" he grabbed my upper arm roughly.
"He's a protector, Braxton" I growled and shifted fast and walked over to the two betas. It was clear that Aiden has already won, but once that switch is flipped he has no control.