Chapter One: The Sound of You and Me

I woke up to the sound of my alarm buzzing, opening my eyes to the darkness around my room. I sat up, the room still looking like it wasn't mine, even though I'd now lived here for almost six months and I knew it was. This room was a little bigger than my old one, and I had a double bed instead of my old 'one-and-a-half', and the walls were all white, except for the one my bed was on, which had a floral patterned wallpaper on it in a turquoise color that matched my eyes apparently. The room had all my stuff in, and was even a lot tidier, it was just a change from the room I had in the apartment with my best friend Ari.

Oh Arianne, how I missed sharing a place with her in LA. Now she lived in Arizona, finally finishing her degree so she could become an English and Elementary school teacher. She was so driven, and she was still with Brian and they were completely in love, she was happy. They now lived together, although he was away on tour a lot they still made it work because they were truly happy together. Yeah, they missed each other a lot and it was a serious change for Ari, moving away from LA and leaving her life behind there, but she was happy, and we chatted a hell of a lot and she wasn't too far away from her family. I, on the other hand, had moved to the east coast.

After the family bust up and accepting my job at AP, I realized there was nothing keeping me on the west coast except Ari, who told me to follow my dreams, so I moved to the east coast, Baltimore to be more precise. Not too soon after I left Portland, my dad called me and told me him and mom were getting divorced because he didn't agree with what she'd said that night, or the decisions she made after that. Apparently my mom was okay with Becca being pregnant, and they bonded more over their hate for me and blaming me for everything, and dad just couldn't handle it. Now my dad lives near me in NY with my little brother in a nice apartment, and they're happy and I get to see them regularly, whereas my mom and sister still live in Portland, just in a smaller house, with Austin and my nephew 'Tyler Carter Hughes'. I haven't seen him or them since that night, although I do get the odd photo and stuff sent to me via dad, but I really don't care anymore. Apparently they're playing happy families, with my sister being a stay at home mom while Tyler dropped out of school and works as an apprentice mechanic at the local car place, while mom still works as a doctor. Dad hates how Becca has ruined her future, and how my mom seems to be okay with the whole thing, not seeming to care that her daughter has no qualifications to her name and only cares about her 'fiancee' and their 'new' family. Not even Jamie likes it all, he misses how we used to be but he's coping as well as he can, starting middle school in New York and making new friends.

As I said earlier, I now live in Baltimore. Matty and I aren't living together yet, but we do live in the same building, just to make it all easier when he's home and it means I get to see my friends a hell of a lot more too, because most of them lived on the east coast. I was happy living in Baltimore, because it reminded me of home in a way, but it was also a new beginning, and everything just seemed perfect here. In was a lot cooler than LA, and a lot more suburban, although I knew there were bad areas that I avoided. The culture of Baltimore was also a lot more welcoming than LA, as everyone was friendly here and I'd also gotten to know ATL's families pretty well when they'd came out to shows and when we were home, we still all hung out.

My favourite memory of the summer tour had to be after the Boise, ID show  when Alex got down on one knee and proposed to Jeniffer, and ofcourse she said yes. We all watched as tears of happiness fell from both their eyes as he slipped the ring on her finger, the perfect diamond sparkling in the light show put on by Jeff as we all cheered. They were so in love, and Jen jumped into Alex's arms and they kissed, not caring for our cheering around them. I leant back into Matty's chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist "I hope that if we ever lose one another, we find our way back to each other like they did. They really love each other, and...I love you Matty.."

That was the first time I'd really told him, and I could tell that as he let out a long breath, pulling me in tighter he felt the same. "I hope I never have to let you go, but if you do I would hope you came back to me one day, and I love you too Cady. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Matt stirred in his sleep next to me, hearing the alarm but he didn't wake. I rested my head on his chest, watching his sleep and murmur things about disney, making me smile. This was one of the last days we both had off before I went on tour with We Are The In Crowd as their merch girl on Mayday Parade's 'The Noise Tour'. Matt was a little anxious about it, seen as You Me At Six were on the tour, and it was the first time I'd be seeing Josh since the whole incident. Since he'd found out, he was trying his hardest not to show he was against it, but I could tell whenever anyone brought it up and he got all quiet, or even changed the subject.

I finally decided to wake Matty by soflty kissing his neck and move my hands underneath his shirt. He finally begins to wake up, a smile forming on his face and he squeezes his eyes together tightly before opening them, looking down at me and his smile seems to get bigger, alothugh I don't know how it's possible. "Morning beautiful..." He groans before I lean up and plant a kiss on his lips. I loved waking up next to Matty, feeling his warm body against mine. "Hey there baby...you looked so beautiful when you slept I let you have a little longer so I could watch." I smile, biting my lip before kissing him once more.