The Place Beyond The Sand

This summer was going to be different. It was going to change everything. 17 year old Everly sets out to the beach with her two best friends for the entire summer with no parental guidance and the whole ocean view beach house all to them selves. She plans to make this summer worth while with the help of her best friends, a few strangers, and a ..... Bucket List.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry up Everly! You need to eat before you leave," my mom yelled from downstairs as I hastily shoved clothes, toiletries, and other necessities into my over sized duffel bag.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I yelled back. I can't believe I woke up so late. Riley and Sam are going to kill me if they have to wait, but whatever I can't help it that I don't like to wake up at 8am!

Waking up early is just not in my manual, especially during summer time. I mean I usually wake up at noon on my own but today was different. Freedom here I come.

I finished packing and looked in the mirror to make sure I looked somewhat presentable. I looked over my 5"7 height body accompanied with black hair that fell in in slightly crazy curls, but still pretty enough to wear natural, down to my waist. When I got to my face I noticed my blue eyes staring back at me, they weren't as bright as they used to be before 'it' happened. 'No negative thoughts' I reprimanded myself.

I stared to notice the freckles appearing which usually happens when the summer sun hit my face, most likely due to my Irish heritage. I mean I'm not perfect, I sure as hell have some blemishes here and there like everyone else. But I have come a loooooong way since my early adolescence, don't want to go into that.

I threw on some super light wash denim shorts that go mid thigh accompanied with my white Rolling Stones tshirt that had the back cut out.

I quickly slipped on my black combat boots and sunglasses and dashed downstairs with my bag in tow.

"They're here!" I heard my mom yell

from the living room.

"Buy mom love you," I said while kissing her cheek.

"Be sure to have fun, be safe, and don't think about what's going on here.. this is your time to not stress about things." She told me with a smile.

Even though she was smiling I could see the true sadness in her eyes. Pushing back unhappy thoughts I gave her a big hug and was out the door on my way to the light blue jeep wrangler waiting outside.

"Hey girl" and "Hi weirdo" were said simultaneously from the front seat of the car when I jumped into the back seat after throwing my stuff in the trunk.

Riley and Sam were twins but not identical, they looked more like sisters. Riley , who was in the driver seat, has light brown curly hair that reached right below her chest with brown eyes. Sam had straight light brown hair that reached above her chest and hazel eyes. They both had that beachy looked I coveted so bad.

I replied with a simple, "what's up" followed with a yawn. Typical me.

"Well I can tell your up way too early," Sam snickered in the passenger seat.

"Don't test me," I teased back with a smirk. We got each other so well it was scary.

"It's been a long time coming but we are finally doing this." Riley jingled the beach house keys in my face before pulling out if the drive way.

"Yeah this is much deserved," was all I said followed by a nods from both of my best friends.

Finally after begging Riley and Sam's dad, he gave us the keys along with permission to stay at their water front beach house with no parents for the entire summer. I mean how much better does it get. I can't believe we are actually doing this, it's like a dream come true.

We continued in silence while listening to music with the windows down and wind whipping through the windows. I had a feeling about this summer, I couldn't decide though if it was good or bad, but something was different, change was coming. 'All in do time' I thought humming along with the radio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this is my first story and I've been wanting to write this for a while. I promise whom ever is reading this that it will only get better from here. Anyway, if you read this than thank you and I'll update as soon as I get some responses!