chapter 3- The Chaos in innocence

What’s more better than robbing a bank, when it’s being robbed? The room was filled with glorious diamonds, and priceless treasures. I never knew humans could taste interest in such beautiful things- you learn something new every day, I suppose. I left the room and started to slowly move along the corridor. With me was a bag of one million. Well, what can I say I need the money and the bank was the only source available.  As I entered the main hall of the building, I was relieved to see the exit, finally I can get out of this awful place. So I thought. Whilst heading out the door I was greeted by a large array of humans with guns… police officers and cops I think is what they are called?

‘Stop right there!’ one of them shouted.

As I became visible, bathing in the moon’s light the officers backed down. Stun and amazed that their criminal was only a sweet, and defenseless little-

‘A girl?’ announced another officer in the back. I kept walking, hoping to pass them without any need for violence, but things weren’t that simple.

‘Stop right there little missy.’ I felt a hand on my shoulder, gently turning me round. I didn’t know what to do; I was now surrounded by officers and those vehicle contraptions, cop cars…I think. But anyway, the point is to officers basically had me cornered. I looked into the eyes of the one that spun me around, making a plan that could savior the violence.

‘Please, sir’ I began to cry. ‘I’ve lost my mommy.’

Tears stared to stream their way down my face. I prayed in Zeus name that it would have some affect, I mean it’s typical for a 10 year old girl to sometimes lose their mothers right? The officer knelt down.

‘And is your mother in the bag, dear?’

Shoot. Who was I kidding; do I honestly think that they would still let me leave with the bag of cash? I frowned at the officer.

‘I think I hear my mommy calling me, ba bye.’ I turned round and started to run as fast as my little legs could go, unfortunately didn’t get very far. I was strucked in the face by a gun, by another officer. Although I didn’t feel a thing, i fell to ground due to the force of impact.

‘What are you doing, she’s only a kid.’

‘Calm down, I didn’t kill her. Just put her to sleep.’

The officers quickly snatched the bag, how could they hit me? I’m only a girl. I soon began to boil in anger, and it’s not good when I get angry.

‘What are we going to do with the kid?’

‘Leave her there, what’s she gonna do? Run to her mommy.’ The officer mocked me. How dare he do this to a kid, I never knew mortals could be so mean. I could feel the kicking of another officer, as he checked to probably see if I was alive. I could then hear them laughing and enjoying their short victory, and yet I still wondered how can I be treated this way? How can I be treated with so much hatred? I then felt a spat, they were spitting at me? Thats it! I had reached my peak of tolerance with mortals, and these men needed to be put in their place. I slowly got up, I could hear the muses singing their songs of fury and death. My long charcoal hair covered most of my face, my fists clenched. The sky erupted with a blast of thunder and lightning, and this wasn’t Zeus’s doing. Oh no, this was mine. I turned to see the officer looking up at the sky, and then slowly noticing I was standing. The wind soon picked up, filling up with the rage I mustered. I smiled. I blinked, turning my eyes completely black. They all jumped in unison. Startled at this are they, then wait till I’m finished. My skin soon began to unpeel itself, think of it as a snake shedding its skin- or like that mystic girl from those movies with people who wears x on their shirts. My girl disguise just peeled right off, evaporating as it touched the wind. My body grew and grew, until I was adult size. My hair danced in the wind, my velvet dress soon joined in.