Chapter Thirty-One

dedicated to @RKnight14, she's Alexis.. and she's my bestie and I love her... She's amazing, check her stories out please!

Chapter 31

Emma’s POV

“We should buy some dresses.” Alexis said through the phone. “Why would we do that?” I asked confused. “I’m so bored! Sara and Jared are on a family weekend and I’m stuck here with my two older brothers.” Alexis exclaimed.

“Ooh, that’s why you’re calling me.” I said teasingly. “What, no! You’re my friend. It’s just that we don’t hang out that often.” Alexis said. “Okay, okay. Why do you want to go dress shopping then?” I asked.

“Emmie! You’ve your book presentation in a few days, you’ve to look so sexy, every man is going to drool over you!” Alexis exclaimed, I heard some noises on the background.

“Hmm, I guess you’re right.” I said. “Why would you want to come?” Alexis’ voice sounded distant, she was talking to someone else. “It’s always because of the chicks with you two.” Alexis sounded annoyed.

“Ugh whatever, I’ll ask.” Alexis said. “My brothers want to come too, okay or not?” Alexis asked. “I don’t really care.” I said and shrugged. “Okay, we’ll pick you up. Be ready.” Alexis said. “Sure, see you in a bit.” And we hung up.

I didn’t like it when I was alone in the apartment, I used to like it so I could write but now I didn’t like it because I wasn’t really doing something. I quickly wrote a note for Joe and grabbed my wallet.

I heard a car honk and opened the door. Alexis opened the door and I sat next to her. In the front of the car were two very, very hot boys. I know I’m engaged and everything, but I couldn’t help it, could I?

Alexis sighed. “These are my brothers.” Alexis said. “Hello, I’m Oliver.” The boy in the driver seat said. “I’m Nathan and you’re hot.” The boy next to him said. Nathan was eyeing me up and down.

“I’m Emma.” I said. Nathan and Oliver were still checking me out. I looked at Alexis. “This my friend I told you about, the one that is engaged to Joe?” Alexis said. The boys immediately looked at me and not at my boobs anymore.

“You’re Joe’s fiancée?” Oliver asked surprised. I nodded. “Damn, I didn’t thought that Joe’s girl would be so hot.” He said to Nathan. Alexis gave him a slap against the back of his head.

“Can you just drive?” She asked annoyed. Oliver said nothing but started the car. We went to a mall. Oliver parked the car and as soon as we were all out of the car, Alexis and I ran.

I mainly just ran because Alexis ran, her brothers were not that bad. Alexis dragged me into a dress shop. She started looking through the racks. I shrugged and did the same.

Luckily for me, this was an all type dress shop. I found something short (not too short, I’m not a slut), it was black and with three-quarter sleeves. It was so, so me.