L.o.L Chapter lll

"I am hopeless! I'm poor, I feel so... lonely. I want to cry, I wanna go back home. I don't want this kind of life anymore!"

"Stop complaining Barbie, and get ready. We're leaving in fifteen minutes."

"I'd rather die, than go back to that place."

"Really? I heard that there are new items coming today. And that today is Mall-Wide sale."

As soon as I heard what George said I jumped out of my bed, took a bath then dressed myself.

...

Lots of people going round and round, a lot of new arrivals and sale items. They just can't decide what to buy. I asked myself, am I like that? Heck yeah, one time I ran into a fight for just a black cardigan, it's the last stock so I'm desperate to buy it. In the end, I won. Yes!

I don't know if it's against the rules to use the cellphone while working. I can't help it, sometimes it bores me just standing and helping other people. In the middle of my working hours, I received a message from... Stacia "Hey bitch, I can see you."

The last person I want to see right now is Stacia Hammilton. My heart was pounding and I don't know what to do. What will I tell her? I don't want her to know that I work here. And now, she's calling me! I try to act cool and confident, how if she really is seeing me right now?!

"Hey Charlotte, I figured you were hiding somewhere." 

"Me? No, I'm not hiding. Why'd you call me?"

"I just missed my friend, isn't wrong to use your cellphone while working? As from what I can see, a lot of people are in your section."

I want to hung up on her, then when I looked back... I saw her.

"Boo. Surprised?" Stacia said while giving me her evil smile.

"Woah, what are you doing here Stacey?"

"I should be the one asking you Char. Are you like...working here?"

"What do you think? I'm stuck here."

"Aw, poor Charlotte. What happened?"

"My parents forced me to work. You know, I over spent this few months --- " then someone grabbed my arm while I was talking to Stacia.

"This is not a time for chit-chat. We've got work to do."

"Oh, Audrey. This is my friend Stacia."

"I don't care, come with me. Now!"

Stacia just stood there, I know deep inside she wants to burst out a laugh.

"Sorry Char, I'll call you later."

...

It was an awkward moment for Audrey and me. We're heading right to the basement. A place where all the other new arrival items were stored.

"Woah.What are we doing here?"

"We're gonna do an inventory of the stocks."

"Are we allowed to do that? There's someone who's supposed to do that, right?"

"If you don't want to do it, say so. And if you'll just stand there and complain, well stop it. It's annoying."

"You kow what's annoying Audrey? You and your attitude. And why did you do that, I'm talking to my friend and it's wrong to just cut off like that. Didn't your mother taught you some manners?!"

"Back off Barbie, you don't have the right to talk to me like that. You don't know anything about me or my mother."

Silence. An hour of awkwardness, I hate this. The whole time all I can think about is Stacia. I know her, and I'm sure she'll spread the rumor about me working. We headed back to the break room, there I found George listening in his iPod. He stood up quickly, I really think he's avoiding me. I'm certain that he is still ashamed of me because I'm his cousin.

"Char, are you alright?"

"Yeah, yey! You're talking to me."

"Huh? Whatever, I saw Stacia Hammilton. You talked to her?"

"Wait, George. You know her?"

"Of course I know her, remember your sixteenth birthday? You introduced me to her, that's one of the few nice things you did to me."

"Yeah, I remember. You kinda liked her.

" I don't. Anyway, she said she wants to talk to you, then call her when your shift is over "

 ...

So I did, I called her. She told me to meet her at Starbucks. I changed from my uniform to something that's comfortable. As I was about to leave the break room, Ramona called out to me.

"Ms. Martin, can I see you now at my office?"

Gulp, she wants to talk to me. I followed her to her office, "Please, Ms. Martin have a seat."

"Did I do something wrong Ramona?"

"No sweetie, you haven't. It's your pay day. I want to personally give you this." She handed me a brown envelope, I figured that it might be in cash and not in check. 

"Thanks, I kinda really needed this."

"No problem, you deserve it."

...

 Stacia greeted me with a smile in her face. We ordered our usual beverages. Mine's Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte and Stacia's Iced Caramel Macchiato. We talked about our friends back home and Mac. There's something different, I need to know what it is.

"So Stacia..how long are you staying here?"

"I'll be back home tomorrow, our family just visited someone. I have something to ask you Charlotte."

"Yeah I figured that out. It looks like something is bothering you. What is it?"

"Did Mac already talked to you or somehow said anything about me?"

"Mac? Why? What's wrong?"

"He didn't tell you, did he?"

"I don't get it Stacia. Tell it straight to me."

"I'm dating Mac. I thought he told you that. He said things were over between you and him."

I know Mac and I'm certain that Mac didn't make the first move. I always knew that Stacia has this part of hatred in her, she hated me from the first time she saw me. Things changed when she found out that Mac and me were together, she accepted me as a friend and that she and Mac will never be together. Did I ever mention that I'm so stupid before?

"Oh, really? Well, what can I say Stacia? Once a bitch, always a bitch."

I don't want to look like a looser. I stood up, took my cup of Iced Cinnamon Latte, and said my goodbye to my 'dear friend.' "Have fun ruining other lives Hammilton."

I want to prove to myself that I can change. I just don't want to be that person who cries all night when I've got problems, from now on...I need to be independent, live my life and be free from worries. I need to be wise and smart and not to be that stupid and childish person I used to be.

....

A/N : Who knew Charlotte can be tough sometimes?! XD

Thanks for reading Labels or Love :)

<3 Hay