Chapter 3 - Updated

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE VIDEO ON THE SIDE----> My friend Daniel Gonzales has a great amount of talent! If you enjoy the video, please let me know! <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already, I knew that I messed up. Cold thin fingers grip my arm quickly as my mother pulls me in front of her, facing the opposite direction and pinching me from behind. I couldn’t bring my eyes up to look at anyone, for I knew that I disgraced my family with my poor appearance.

“Excuse her,” my mother says with a cold laugh, “Blizzara has been up all morning, she must be tired.” Her nails dig into my arm that causes me to wince slightly, but my eyes did not avert from the red plush carpet beneath my feet.

Laughter booms throughout the entrance, filling the room with warmth. “Satella, you’ve got quite a beautiful daughter, she reminds me much of yourself when we were younger!”

Curious, I look up to meet a man with silvery blue eyes and light blonde hair that smiles sweetly as he looks me up and down. My face feels warm as his eyes catch my wandering ones.

“It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss Snow, I am Gordon Gunning,” the man says with the same expression before he quickly looks over to the tall man next to him. “This is my son, Gerard.” My eyes level with Gerard’s broad shoulders that are disguised by a white button up shirt.

Bowing quickly, I greet the gentlemen eagerly and shyly as mother would have approved of. The thought of making eye contact with Gerard chills me all over. “It is a pleasure to meet the two of you, welcome to our home,” I say before leveling my eyes back with Gerard’s shoulders.

For the next moments, I had wished that Gerard would say something to me, but his lips were sealed unless his father or my family spoke to him directly. His attitude was very cold, as if he didn’t remember who I was or how he approached me before.

During the dinner, Gordon took some time to ask me a couple questions, but Satella or Elijah would answer them for me. After a few questions, Gordon gave up and continued talking with everyone else while I pick at each dish that was served. Mother always told me, ‘a woman with no limits is no woman at all. Finishing your food reminds me of a pig.’

Her words linger in my mind every time I find myself eating in front of strangers. The thought of a stranger thinking of me as a pig makes me uneasy and insecure, causing me to eat very little even if my stomach screams from hunger.

“I trust your sons are also doing well?” Gordon continues on talking before beginning to eat the lovely decorated tiramisu. My two older brothers are the stars of the family that Elijah doesn’t like me keeping relationships with.

“Of course, as you know, Calvin is in Europe to expand our hotel branch that way as Sterling is still in University and will be back for the holiday break,” Elijah spoke plainly, as if it wasn’t impressive, before asking, “How about you there, Gerard?”

Carefully listening and watching Elijah I could slowly feel the pace of my heart pick up. Thoughts of last night replay in my mind and wonder if Elijah saw Gerard with me? I can’t even fathom what Elijah would do to Gerard as I imagined what he did to me.

Gerard, barely poking his dessert, meets eyes with Elijah for a moment before looking at me with a hint of fear. His tall frame remained untouched, although the air was full of an uncomfortable aura that emits from everyone.

“My boy here just got in from Japan and will be attending his last year at your school, Mrs. Satella Swan,” Gordon smiles happily as he continues to eat. His happy-go-lucky demeanor ceases the awkward environment. “Swan Academy will be good for him.” Gordon smiles warmly at Gerard and grabs his shoulder to give him an encouraging squeeze.