A Miracle Working Slave - Chapter One

~****************************~

Chapter One

~****************************~

Many people say that I m a multi-tasker... Most People say that I am a miracle worker.

My mother was a doctor, mostly a midwife... She taught me everything she know... Unfortunately, I lost her, her body was found in a canal.

My father was an FBI agent, and some sort of couselor, like a 'Jeremy Kyle' sort of person... He taught me everything he knows... Unfortunately, I lost him, his body was found next to my mother's.

My Grandmother was a dressmaker, mostly for weddings... She taught me everything she knows... Unfortunately, her heart gave up on her.

My Grandfather was an ex boxer, he became a manager and trainer... He taught me everything he know... Unfortunately, he died of a broken heart.

My name is Genevieve Cassandra Cortez, and I have many skills and talents. Just like my mother, I know first aid, CPR and how to help during pregnancies and labour. Just like my father, I can trick people into telling the truth and help relationships and other problems. Just like my Grandmother, I am amazing at making, creating and designing my own dresses. And, finally, just like my Grandfather, I've learnt defence and pressure points (he was a cheat in his boxing days).

The thing that I am mostly best and my personal favourite talents are dressmaking and helping with problems and getting the truth out of pitifull liars... I love weddings and proms, they're a good enough excuses to make a dozen dresses. Not for myself, but for other people as well.

I miss my family though, without them, I have no idea what I am going to do right now. I'm having offers at the Police Department, I don't have to go to any special colleges or Police Academy's, and same with the Hospital too... My Grandmother's shop has perminantly closed down, and I didn't want to take up boxing for the rest of my life, my Grandfather just wanted to teach me self defence.

Now, there is one more thing that I am very interested in... Demons... Young men and woman are disappearing and  returning after a few months, either dead or alive or even barely breathing... When they're alive, all they talk and warn us about is demons, demons, demons.

I am suspiscious that maybe these people are religious and call their kidnappers 'demons'. But, who wouldn't? Although, I'm not religious. But, maybe I could investigate this.

"You've got more flowers from lover boy." My best friend, Shanice teased as she layed the beautiful pink and white carnations on my work desk.

"Oh, he never gives up, does he?" I sighed, tired of his desperation.

Lover boy,is 'supposingly' my fiancee, as his mother had made a 'deal' with my parents, thinking it's best to put her eldest son, Graham, and me, in an arranged marriage. She gave my parents a three days think-about, but unfortuantely, they died before the deadline. So, the old hag carried on with the arrangement.

I'm only seventeen and in college, and Graham is twenty years old and is very wealthy, but I do not love him.

"Hold on a second, miss." I told customer, as I picked up the flwoers and dropped them in the bin, "Sorry about that, love." I apologized to the woman as I continued to wash her hair, "He won't leave me alone."

The woman chuckled and closed her eyes, relaxed as I massaged her scalp with Lorel shampoo which has a scent of straeberries.

I have known Graham since high school and he had fancied ,e since then. He is handsome, very handsome, but it isn't the looks that I am after... It's the inside that counts, and love.