Dance With Me? Part Two

NATHAN'S POV

       "Ariana", he repeated, loving the way his heart fluttered when he said her name. She nodded and smiled. Her smile made my heart skip a beat. A slow song started to play and I realized; it was now or never. "D-do you w-want to d-dance", I stuttered out, scratching the back of my neck. She giggled at my nervousness, "I'd love to", and she took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I put my arms on her waist and she put hers on my shoulders. We swayed to the music a little. Our eyes connected and I could've sworn her warm hazel eyes were making me melt. I yearned to take off her mask, but she probably wouldn't like that.

         "So Ariana how about we get to know each other", I said, nervously. She smiled, "Okay, let's play twenty questions. I'll start. What's your favorite color", she asked. I thought about for a second, "Red", I said and she nodded. We continued like that for three songs. We shared a lot of laughs and whenever she smiled, the whole room brightened. "Bagpipes", she asked, biting in her laughter, "You play the bagpipes?" I pretended to be offended, "Yes, yes I play the bagpipes". She smiled, "Why the bagpipes though? Why not the usual like piano or guitar?"

         "Well, for one I don't want to be just the usual and two, I actually do play the piano", I replied, grinning. "Ok", she said, biting her lip to keep her from laughing, "Your turn". "Umm", I said, tilting my head down so I could see her. She was almost my height because of the heels she was wearing, "How tall are you", I asked, genuinely curious. She mumbled something unintelligible. "What's that love", I teased. She mumbled it a little louder so I could hear, "5'6". She bit her lip which meant she was lying. "Without the heels, Ari", I said smirking. She groaned, "5'2".

            I chuckled, "Was that so hard", I teased again. She laughed and hit my chest, "Oh shush". The song ended and they started to play some really loud dubstep music. I saw Ariana's lips move; she was saying something, but I couldn't hear what she was saying because of the loud music. "I can't hear you", I said, motioning to my ear just in case she couldn't hear me. She leaned into me so her chest was to mine and she lightly put her fingers on my jaw. Without thinking, I wrapped one arm around her waist, bringing her closer. "It's too loud. Do you want to get out of here", she whispered in my ear, tilting her body up so she could reach my ear. She pulled back a little so she could see my reaction. I nodded and she smiled. She took my hand and started to lead me to no where. 

ARIANA'S POV

            I took his hand and led him to the garden behind the building. I pushed open the doors to the garden and pulled Nathan out with me. I looked around and stopped myself from gaping. The place was so beautiful. There were lights strung everywhere and the stars were above us. The night sky looked beautiful and the water was a bright blue. I ran over to where the fountain and sat down at the edge. I let my hand glide over the water. I could feel Nathan watching me but I didn't dare turn to him. He walked over and sat down beside me. 

             "It's so quiet out here", Nathan whispered. "It's beautiful", I said, looking back at the water. "It is beautiful", he replied, looking right at me. I met his eyes and blushed a little. We were silent for a couple minutes, enjoying each other's company. I looked up and saw that Nathan wasn’t beside me anymore. “Nathan”? I asked, looking around. “Nathan”, I called out. I got up and looked around the garden. “Nathan”, I called out again. I started to get worried. “Ugh Nathan, seriously”, I groaned. Suddenly something swung upside down on a branch in front of me and I jumped back about to scream. I then noticed its big green eyes, “Nathan”, I said, my heart racing, “Don’t do that”, my hand over my heart. He laughed and flipped off of the branch and back on the ground.

 Nathan suddenly took my hand and pulled me towards some plant. "Nathan", I whined, "What are you doing". My eyes finally adjusted to the dark and I saw what he was doing. He sat down and I sat down next to him. He pushed away some leaves and to my surprise, there stood a piano. I gasped and he pressed on a key and it made a sound.