[iii] Tutoring

September 19

September 19

7:30 A.M.

Beacon Hills High School

   "Ah, freshmen." Lydia hums, lolling her head onto her locker with a dreamy expression. "Lots and lots of fresh men."

"You mean fresh boys," Phoebe corrected, giving her best friend a side eyed glance and a sly smile. "You're a senior, about to be 18. Don't be a creep."

"You're right.." Lydia sighed, delicately placing a pencil behind her ear. "I'm glad I have you to keep me in check."

  The halls bustled with an abundance of familiar and new faces. Phoebe realized that this was the last time she'd see the frightened expressions of freshmen panicking to get to their classes- It amused her, but of course, she always helped them. In a short year, she would be one of those freshmen all over again, this time on a much bigger campus.

   Phoebe busied herself with putting all of her new school supplies into her already decorated locker, holding pictures of her with friends and family. She always took pride in her decorations, one year going as far as putting christmas lights up in it with a tiny tree.

The first class of the day was AP Biology, which of course, the two girls had together. Phoebe organized her class things as Lydia began to blab off about something next to her.

"I miss having a boyfriend." She pouted, readjusting the books tucked under her arm. "I miss having someone come up to me at my locker and kissing me and wishing me a good day."

"You're such a cliche sap," Phoebe rolled her eyes, a small giggle leaving her lips. "But.. If you're really desperate, I know someone who would gladly take that place."

  The two share knowing looks as Phoebe's eyes drift over to the three familiar faces near the end of the hallway, all standing in a collaborative circle. Scott, Isaac, and Stiles.

"No." Lydia states sternly, her gaze shooting daggers into Phoebe.

"Why nottt?" Phoebe groaned, shutting her locker closed and leaning against it. 

   "I don't even know the kid!" Lydia insists, "He's had an obsession with me for the longest. It's kind of creepy."

"Whatever you say. I think it'd be cute." Phoebe rolls her eyes, looking down at the things in her hands. "Dang it. I forgot a pen."

  The first period bell rings loudly throughout the school, telling her that she had no time to get one. She shrugs and takes a step in the direction of the class, waving Lydia to her. "I'll just ask someone in class for one."

 As they saunter past the three boys, Phoebe notices Scott's lingering gaze on her. She gives him a kind smile and continues past them, even if his stare did creep her out in the slightest. That was Scott, for you.