Chapter 1: Sneaking Out....

Lilyanne's POV

"Lilyanne" a little voice said poking me out of a peaceful sleep.

I opened my eyes to find my maid Faith waking me as a worried look was drawn across her face.

"I am trying to sleep..... just let me sleep" I whined while lifting my pillow and putting it over my head.

"Your parents have requested you for an early dinner" she continued, "They want you down as quickly as possible".

"Goodness, can I just take a nap? What time is it?" I groaned while stretching across the bed.

"4:00 pm exactly."

Pulling myself out of bed and walking towards the bathroom, my bare feet smacked the cold floor. Once I was in the bathroom I turned to Faith, "Alright let's get ready..."

She ran in handing me a long pink dress with extra fabric at the waist down for the 'poof effect'.

Quickly I took off my clothes and replaced it with the dress. Scars lined my skin with fresh bruises and cuts, my mother's latest punishment. Every time I looked at my beaten body I realized I could never escape any of this, I was stuck.

Sitting in the bathroom chair, Faith pulled my hair into a cute braid and wrapped it around my head. She gently put my crown atop my head and I was ready. I stood up and headed for the door.

"You can't go yet! You need your makeup!" She exclaimed.

I shook my head and she knew it was not going to be put on tonight.

I hated makeup except for mascara, my mother used to constantly cover me in pounds of makeup just to cover what she had done. When she realized I would no longer let her put it on me she made the scars where my clothes covered.

Before my hand slipped onto the handle of the door, I turned and faced the mirror. My smaller 5'6 figure was wrapped in a tight pink dress and my light brown hair was wrapped up loosely with the crown. My blue eyes were glossy signifying I was healthy, but deep down I was one big mess.

"Miss Lilyanne!" A deep voice called from behind my door.

"Yes?" I called back.

"You are to be escorted to dinner now" I assumed a guard said from behind the door.

Escorted? I only was ever escorted when we had guests.

My fingers grabbed the handle and I entered the long grand hallway. Looking over I saw my guard.

"Miss," he said nodding while holding out his arm.

I looped my arm through with his and continued on.

"Ah, you are a good man Romero!" My father's voice laughed as I walked into the dining room.

Walking in I was met with my mother and her evil glare, but it quickly turned into a sickly sweet smile, "Hello dear!" She announced.

I nodded to my mother and curtsied, "Hello mother and father, I'm terribly sorry for being late! May I join?"

"Yes Lilyanne you may," my father granted while smiling at me.