Ch. 1

Chapter 1

The two guards stood at attention as the soon-to-be Princess stepped out of her carriage. The noble-girl, Namyritha Agrivar, had light blue eyes and light blond hair. Her skinny body was matched with wide-eyes, pouty lips, flawless skin, and a small nose. Namyritha was said to be the definition of perfect,  though some would disagree based upon her attitude.

"Namyritha, good to see you again." Legolas greeted as the noble stepped out of her carriage. She smiled up at him, and bowed as was procedure during greetings. Legolas smiled tightly at the girl, before looking over her shoulder toward the carriage.

"You came alone?" He asked, surprised that her parents left her to go by herself. Namyritha, however, sensed the wrong reasoning behind the question. She thought that the future king was actually concerned about her.

"It's alright, I've got guards." She stated, smiling up at him. There was a soft snicker behind the Prince's back as Elora tried to contain her laughter, and almost failing. Myriil gave her a glare before trying to stop himself from laughing, in which he was successful in. Namyritha looked behind her future husband and glared at the girl-guard, the only guard that she despised with all her heart. Then again, it was the only guard that she hadn't tried to flirt with, because that would just be odd, especially if she was to marry the future king.

"Elora, would you take care of my horse, I'll ride with Namyritha back to the castle." Legolas said as he turned to face his guards. Elora took in a breath before looking him straight in the eyes.

"Yes my lord, will do." The guard answered before taking the horse and tying the rope onto her saddle. Her own horse gave a greeting before Elora swung up to her horse. Myriil was close behind, and the two took up the front guard, letting the ones in the front protect the back. Namyritha watched, bitter that she still hadn't gotten rid of the other girl.

"Why is Elora still with you?" The girl bitterly asked her future husband as they started to ride toward the King's castle. Legolas turned away from the window to find a answer toward the question.

"Well, I can't exactly get rid of her. She has been assigned by my father, and I can't just unassign her." Legolas lied perfectly, hating the way that she spoke of his best friend.  The noble turned her nose up in the air at his answer, but nonetheless believed him. 'He wouldn't lie to me' She thought, 'he's my future husband.'

The pair rode in the carriage in silence for a couple minutes. Legolas wishing that he was riding with his friends, instead of being stuck in this blasted carriage; Namyritha wishing that there would be more sun instead of trees, so she could tan a bit more. As Namyritha had the thought, she began to think of when she would be queen. She would move the palace toward her manor on the southern countryside that was near Lothlorien. The wagon stopped unexpectedly, which snapped the two out of their minds.

"What's happening?" Legolas asked, sticking his head out of the carriage. There was a quick laugh up at the front before Myriil came down, toward the Prince.

"Just the guard, my lord, check point." Myriil explained as he reached the window. Legolas looked at him with a raised eyebrow, before looking toward the front again, straining to see. Myriil chuckled as he saw his fellow guard chatting with some of the others. There was a bark of laughter as Elora said something towards the two guards before they let the gate open.

"What took them so long?" Legolas asked his friend as they started to ride off again. Myriil looked towards his friend at the beginning then turned to face the one next to him.

"Just Elora chatting with the guards." Myriil stated. He could be sure that there was a look of jealousy on his face, but it was gone the moment it came. Legolas grumbled something before heading inside. Myriil shook his head, knowing that something was odd about the Prince, before moving back towards the front of the line.