1. Sugar, Spice, & Not Everything Nice

Allie

"Oh, my gosh," squealed one of the girls in my class. She quickly grabbed a chair next to me, tucking a lock of dark hair behind her ear. Her wide eyes were completely glued to the brand spanking new black pumps that I was wearing. Vanessa Hayes was one of the prettiest girls in my class. She was tall, with long jet-black hair, cerulean blue eyes, and a fair complexion. "Is that from Irena Sofranko's recent Fall collection?" She asked. "A pair costs an arm and a leg. How could you possibly afford them?"

I shrugged and smiled sweetly in return.

A cheerleader named Bunny, with a sandy blonde pixie cut hair clapped her hands in excitement. "You will definitely be prom Queen, Allie. I'm positive the whole school will vote for you. Oh, hail Queen Allie!"

What a suck up. I beamed at all the praises that was being thrown at me left and right. It was really nice to be the center of attention. Seriously, that's what you get when you're the Alpha female of Viento Vista High. What Allie wants, Allie gets. I'm all sugar and spice and everything nice.

"Oh, I'll definitely be prom Queen." I said in a confident tone, inspecting my newly French-manicured nail tips. The girls surrounded me in their blue and white cheerleading uniform with smiles that reached all the way up to their ears.

"And guess who will be prom King?" My best friend, Agatha, said in a sing song voice, motioning Bunny to scoot over so she could sit down next to me.

"Archer Holland." Natalie scoffed behind me as she rolled her eyes.

That was Natalie Peterson. My co-captain for Viento Vista's cheerleading squad. She's one of my best friends, but at the same time she's also my arch rival when it comes to everything, especially to Archer Holland, Viento Vista High's Alpha male. The number one hottie and quarterback of the football team.

No, Archer's not my boyfriend. I mean, not yet. But he'll soon be. Just watch me work my magic.

"Wow, Allie, I'd kill to be in your shoes for one day," Vanessa gushed, fanning herself. "Archer freaking Holland. You're one lucky girl."

One lucky girl?

Sure, I consider myself lucky, but Archer still hasn't asked me out on a date yet. And it has been years. I wanted to correct her but it was best if I kept my mouth shut. Rumors had spread like wildfire that Archer had his eyes on me since Freshman year. God, I wish it was true.

"Speak of the devil," Aggie pointed towards the door. "There he is now."

"All salt, no fries." I muttered as I glanced at Natalie who just said something negative about me behind my back. She simply grinned, tossing her straight blonde hair over her shoulders.

Archer and Frankie Corleone came through the door exchanging man hugs and fist pumps to everyone they saw along the way. I immediately fixed my hair as Archer strode over, nodding to me before he sat down in his seat.

"Hey," he said, winking at me with his sexy pair of eyes. "Sup?"

"Hey there, Archer." I said a little breathlessly. Archer Holland was well known to make girls weak in the knees. Tall, dark, handsome, and a set of dimples to die for. It was true. Every time he looked at me with those light green eyes, I couldn't help but crumble in front of him. Everyone dubbed the phenomenon as The Archer Effect.

"How's it goin', babe?" Archer reached over to take my hand and gazed meaningfully into my hazel eyes. I closed my eyes, shaking my head for a brief moment. When I opened them, he was talking to that girl Vanessa. I couldn't believe it. I did it again. I was only imagining Archer holding my hand. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose in disappointment. This was seriously getting way out of hand. This needed to stop once and for all.