one

Where am I?

Am I dreaming?

Am I in heaven?

Did I die?

Am I an angel?

I looked down at myself, noticing I still had on my outfit from earlier. I was cold, despite the thick sweater I wore, and scared with many thoughts rushing in and out of my head. I wanted answers, but there was really no way of explaining what I was experiencing.

"Overdosed on hydrocodone, 750 milligrams."

I looked to my left, seeing a group of doctors or nurses pushing a stretcher down the hall. As I watched, there was a body on the stretcher, and my mom followed close behind, with Jordan on her tail.

"Her vitals are very low," a doctor reported. "80 over 40."

"Danni, please wake up! I need you, baby," my mother cried.

I stood silently, seeing that the body on the stretcher belonged to me. Where was my dad? What am I even doing?

"She's been unconscious for two hours," the same doctor reported once they passed by me.

Did I leave my body or am I just dreaming about all of this? I'm probably still asleep, laying on the bathroom floor, waiting for someone to come and find me. This is all just a dream; it has to be.

"Ma'am, you have to stay out here while we do what we do. I'm sorry, but doctor's orders," the nurse explained.

"That's my daughter! I can't just stand here. I need to see her!" She was sweating and crying and slobbing everywhere. She was freaking out and needed me to push through for her. Jordan grabbed her hands and pulled her over to a seat to calm her down.

My mother broke out of Jordan's grip and paced back and forth, calming herself down, repeating "Jesus" multiple times under her breath. She dialed numbers on her phone, but whoever she was calling didn't pick up, so she left a voicemail. "Hon, please come quick. I'm at the hospital. Danni took some pills and overdosed. She's in a coma. I need you." She could barely speak as she was still crying a river of tears.

I stood there at a loss for words, totally confused. I saw her cry, but couldn't bring myself to feel bad for her. I didn't feel good seeing her cry like that, but I didnt feel bad either. It was so strange.

"Mom!" I yelled, but she didn't bother to look up at me.

"What the heck," I said to myself, coming to the realization that I may be dying.

I looked over at Jordan, sitting in the chair next to the room my body was in. She held a blank expression that I knew too well. She wanted me to push through. She needed me to survive. I wanted to hug her tightly, but when I went to wrap my arms around her, they swooped right through her body. I was so confused as she didn't even move a muscle. She had no idea I was here with her. My heart began to sink as I saw how this was taking a toll on her. I hated seeing her like this, and Lord knows what would happen if I don't wake up.

I decided on walking into the room my body was in, but my hand wouldn't grip the handle. I ended up just walking right through the closed door.

There were about five or six doctors and nurses in the room, hovering over my body and demanding tools from each other. They all worked together to help bring me back to life, but I just lied there. I felt a pit in my stomach, hoping I would just wake up and be back in my body and live. I didn't want to go away anymore. I wanted to scream and shake myself awake, but I knew that wasn't possible. I headed back out of the room to see my mom was on the phone.