Chapter 3

Cookie: *dances* This is the continuation of chap 2...but I'll just put it as 3. :P Don't forget to COMMENT/VOTE!/LIKE! AND HUMP! *wiggles finger and winks*

The gorgeous babe on the left in the suit lookin sexy and fine is Chris, played by Kellan Lutz! ;P

Youtube song link is "Dreaming Of You" by the fabulous Selena. May she rest in peace in heaven ;(     I included the song in the chapter :)

****

Callie stared at her reflection in the mirror and groaned.

       "You look fine," Chris said from behind her.

       She met his eyes in the mirror and groaned again. "I look like Mr. Potato-Head!"

       Chris rolled his eyes and came up behind her. "No you don't. And don't try to talk yourself out of the date, it's too late. We're meeting Brenda and Susan in a few hours."

       Callie moaned pathetically, making a face at herself in the mirror that wasn't at all very flattering to her round features. "Chris, I don't want to go!"

       "Too late. You're going. Now turn around and let me fix your tie."

       Shooting her reflection another pathetic glance, she pouted and reluctantly turned around to face Chris. "Not bad," he commented, reaching out to fix her tie since she had done such a lousy job at it.

       Callie stared at his face, heart already racing at his closeness. She could smell his cologne, strong and manly, not at all unpleasant. He looked so heartbreakingly handsome in his black Armani suit, so gorgeous with his short blonde hair cropped in a stylish cut but still had locks of hair devilishly hanging against his forehead, making him look like an irresistible rake from her beloved romance novels.

       Callie's fingers tingled to brush his bangs back, to feel the texture of his hair against her skin. But she held back, forcing herself to be content with watching his face set in a look of concentration as he fixed the brown tie that matched her suit.

       Ugh! Her stupid suit!

      A few hours ago, Chris had cornered her and asked what she planned to wear for their double date to the Fireman's Ball and when she had stared at him with a blank face, he had dragged her out her apartment and driven them to the mall so fast that they left skid marks.

      There, they went to Big & Tall, a men's clothing store where they spent an hour picking out a suit for her. Actually, Callie thought, sending Chris a dark glare; he had taken an hour to pick out a suit for her. She had been dying of embarrassment the whole time, hoping that no one would ask if she really was a guy. And then she had died with more humiliation when no one questioned her gender. They had all assumed she was a guy.

      Eventually, after trying on over a dozen suits that Chris himself had picked out, her tyrant friend finally picked a dark brown suit that she thought made her look too round. Now they were in his apartment bedroom where he had forced her to change back into the suit to help her get ready for a date that was two hours away. He must have thought that if he left her alone, she'd either destroy the suit or take off somewhere. He would have been right, Callie was ready to book herself a flight and jump into the Bermuda Triangle just to avoid this date.

      "There," Chris said, finally done with her tie. "Now your hair." He reached out a hand and raked her short hair back with his fingers. Callie closed her eyes, savoring the feel of his strong fingers on her. She had to catch herself when she began to lean forward, lost in the magic of his touch.