Chapter Four

TOOTH

We all stood around where the portal would open. It had been 2 years since Jack put the idea of Elsa coming here on the table, and the day had finally come for Elsa to join us. Looking nervously at North,

"Is she immortal?" I ask.

"No ..." North answers in his strong Russian accent.

"Oh god! Does Jack have any idea?" I wonder. North shrugs.

"Perhaps." He sighs.

"And if she doesn't? Mate, if he brings his girlfriend in here then-" HIS GIRLFRIEND!? I look away, hurt. I thought Jack and I had something. Maybe just friendship. I felt jealously fill inside me as the Portal opened and Jack flew in.

"Jack!" We all chorused.

"How are you Jack?" I ask hugging him. He doesn't hug the same way now, I notice.

"I'm great. How are you?" He asks.

"Oh y'know. Busy!" I laugh.

"So? Where is new Girl?" North asks. Jack turns and then we all see. She's lead on the ground unconscious.

"No!" Jack cries and hurries over to her. He lifts her into a bridal style lift. "North?" He looks desperately at North.

"She isn't immortal. She'll die here." He sighs shamefully. I know what to do but I don't want to pipe up. Baby Tooth looks at me and I sigh. Anything for Jack.

"Jack, you can make her immortal. Freeze her heart, and then..." I don't want to tell him.

"Kill her." Jack says with pain. I flinch.

"If the Moon decides she is worthy then she'll come back. But if we don't try, she'll die anyway." I sigh. Bunnymund frowns and puts his hand on Jacks shoulder.

"It's worth a try?" He says. Jack nods. He places Elsa on the floor where the moon shines and places his hand on her heart.

"Elsa. Forgive me." He says and then concentrates on his power. I've known he can do this just I've never seen it. A blueish glow comes out of his hands and into Elsa's chest where is hand hovers above her heart. She wakes, and sits up.

"Jack!" She smiles. Then looks at us all. But what Jack has to do is not over. North greets her and then Bunny and finally me.

"Hello Elsa." I smile I hold her hand.

"Hello." She smiles back. Jack takes her hand and then leads her away from me. I look at her in despair. So young and fragile. Now to live a life of Immortality.

"Elsa. Please forgive me. If you want to be immortal and stay young forever then I ... I gotta do this." Jack frowns at Elsa's puzzled face. Jack places his hand over her heart. And then she falls into his arms. An ice shard driven into her heart. Jack looks away from her, tears in his eyes. "Now what?" He looks up at North who points to the moon. We wait I guess. After a while North and bunny and Sandman leave. It's just Jack and me.

JACK

I lay on the cold hard floor, at Elsa's side, watching her protectively. She hasn't made any movement yet. I think everyone had gone and then I hear a familiar flutter of wings so sit up. Baby Tooth lands on my shoulder and snuggles into me. Despite the sneeze and the fact that I am freezing cold, she stays. I am grateful. Then Tooth kneels beside me, her hands in her lap.

"Jack-"

"Will she live?" I ask, cutting her off. Tooth shrugs. We both stare at Elsa.

"Maybe. Is Pitch after her?" Tooth asks.