Chapter Sixteen

That night it was hard for me to sleep because Melody doesn't have a bed , but i slept on the couch. ( The couch seem comfortable somehow.)

" Um, I can sleep on the couch I don't really mind." I keep saying over and over again.

Finally, Melody's mom, Rosalie, agreed. " Alright. If that makes you happy." 

That night, I had no trouble sleeping. Their couch was so comfortable, and it even had a scent of flowers. That morning, I woke up feeling refreshed. I looked at the clock and it read 9:00.

9:00? School starts at 8:00!! I panicked. 

" Good morning, Holly." Devon greeted me.

I didn't notice him sitting next to me. 

" I'm late!!! Why didn't you wake me up?" I screamed.

" Well good morning to you too." Devon replied rolling his eyes.

" We have a project due today, and we worked so hard on it!" I yelled as I put toothpaste on my toothbrush.

" Joe and Melody took it to school today. so we can miss school today." Devon said walking to the kitchen.

" What?" I asked dumbfounded.

" So what did you dream about?" Devon asked changing the subject.

" Don't change the subject! Why didn't you tell me we weren't going to school today?!" I screamed.

" I wanted it to be a surprise." Devon answered while he looked at me with puppy-dog eyes.

" I'm sorry." I whispered suddenly feeling guilty.

" Alright. Today we're going to the amusement park." Devon said happily.

" Wow you just killed the mood." I murmured. 

" Get dressed Holly, I want to get  there early." Devon said pushing me to Melody's room.

" But I didn't bring any clothes." I argued.

" You can borrow some of Melody''s. I'm sure she won'i mind." Devon answered.

I groaned," But I didn't eat breakfast yet. " I said quickly.

Devon laughed," I'll make some eggs and bacon, so stop making excuses." He said before shutting the door.

I opened Melody's closet and gasped. Her closet was a walk-through closet. It took me a while to ind something to where because there was a lot to choose from. I finally chose a pink aeropostal  shirt with skinny jeans, and black flip flops. When I was done getting dress, I ran downstairs to the kitchen. 

" That took you long enough." Devon said smirking.

I rolled my eyes, and sat down eating my breakfast. After I was done, Devon picked me up and ran in vampire-speed to the car.

" What the--?" I started.

" It makes thing faster." He replied.

After a few minutes, we were at the amusement park.

" Come on." Devon said grabbing my hand.

He paid the admission and he pushed through the crowd.

" Which ride do you want to go on first?" Devon asked me as I looked around the park.

I looked around some more and I finally pointed at the Ferris wheel.