The Ball

"Who- how- why- what?!" Mauritio stammered unbelieving, his eyes switching between the invitation and Cinderello.
"It's me." He reassured and tilted his head, indicating a bow.
"B-b-but how did you do that?"
Although Mauritio hadn't had a problem with Cinderella's wish to become a boy he had still seen her as a girl. Now that Cinderello stood in front of him his view on him changed.
"I can't tell you but I have time until midnight to enchant my prince the way I really want to be. The way I am."
Cinderello would go on and on for his voice was just something wonderful to hear coming out of his mouth and not somebody else's but time was running. One hour until midnight at most.
"Could you look after Romeo and Baptiste? I owe them, for their help."
Mauritio glanced at the two purely white horses which innocently snuffled and smelled on their unfamiliar leather gear.
"Well, alright. You should better get going, the party is already going on for quite some time now but the introductions might be still in the process. He won't be able to resist you." He finally gave in and cleared the way for Cinderello.
He shortly padded the other on the shoulder gratefully and stormed off towards the entrance. Up the stairs and around the corner, to the left and then to the right. Thanks to his best friend he knew his way around in the castle.
Cinderello reached the door to the ball room where the last few guests lined up to be introduced to their prince. The prince's premier servant came by and took a father and her daughter with him. According to their estimated age difference Cinderello at least hoped so.
Soon after followed a couple and then three sisters.
"Follow me, may you, Sir?" The servant asked as it was, finally, his turn and the feeling of being called "Sir" instead of "Misses" was almost overwhelming. Almost, if the ball room wouldn't have caught his attention the second he stepped into it.
Never ever had he seen something similar to this. It was enormously big and stuffed with people, women with wide skirts and men in suit and tie, chatting and talking. Every corner of the room had a string quartet to fill the complete hall with music. Candle chandeliers hung from the ceiling and bathed everything in golden light that fitted the tinted windows of the castle. And the prince's eyes.
On that matter he looked around at all the women around who hoped to be the chosen one at the end of the ball. He hoped that they would be disappointed but that was highly unlikely.
Cinderello almost stumbled into the servant when he stopped in front of the thrones. His eyes focused on the man sitting lazily in his royal chair who straightened at the sight of him.
His breath got stuck in his lungs as he laid eyes on him. He wore a tight black costume which was highlighted by a few but large diamond arrangements. His iris seemed to glow at the contrary of his gown's dark colour.
Pupils blown, the prince even stood up and took a few steps towards Cinderello who, in return, did what he guessed was right for he had always had to act like a girl before. He bowed, taking the prince's hand and kissed it lightly. His crystal clear blue eyes threw his prince a meaningful look through his lashes while doing so.
Everyone around was speechless at his behaviour until the servant cleared his throat and announced: "Sir Cinderello, your Majesty."

"A pleasure to meet You, Sir Cinderello."
"Vice versa, my Majesty." He replied and gave him a small smile. The servant interrupted their seemingly casual eye contact by telling the royal family which both the prince and Cinderello forgot about that they were now through with the introductions.
Cinderello retreated while the queen stood up sighing and turned to her son. "Now my dear, has anyone caught your eye so far?"
Cinderello glanced back to find those bright golden eyes glued on him. He turned back trying to emerge into the crowd but he knew that the prince's attention would only lay on one person in here, and one alone. Cinderello has never felt more alive than in the moment he was sure the man he fell for would fall for him and not her.