Chapter 1

So Heather is going completely insane over this goddamn party. I swear to god I think she's going to explode. She has never looked so red. I've been running some errands for her with Ruby. We've been getting streamers, soda, snacks, and balloons. I've somehow managed to not say anything completely rude to Heather yet even though she's been extremely rude. She's under a lot of stress with finals, college applications, and this party. Well you know what they say..."Work pays off" or something like that....because that doesn't sound right.

Ruby is driving the car while I get to sit in the passenger seat. It really comes in handy to have a friend who can drive. "You want to stop for frozen yogurt?" Ruby asks me looking down the plaza of shops. "Heather will kill us if she finds out we're slacking," I sigh out. It's true. No matter how much I wanted the sweet sweet rip-off of ice cream my sister would literally have a heart attack. "She won't find out," Ruby says as she stops the car and gets out. I guess some fro-yo couldn't hurt.

We get in line with 3 people in front of us. I was looking at all our options and just decide to get strawberry with round sprinkles. Ruby gets some type of mixed berry flavor that sounded more like a margarita. We sit and eat a bit slower than I hoped. "So how are finals?" I ask Ruby. "I would literally rather kill multiple puppies than finals," Ruby says rolling her eyes at the thought of finals. Ruby is a smart girl but hates working or studying. I laugh at Ruby's comment on finals and continue eating my fro-yo. "How about you?" She asks shoving a mouthful of blueberries in her mouth. "I don't hate them as much as you do," I tell her with a smirk and she smiles back. "But they do really suck," I shrug. She agrees and we continue eating. All of a sudden Ruby looks up with her mouth open. "Hey," I whisper to her. She snaps out of it and looks at me "Sorry but did you see that really cute guy," She whispers to me as she watches the guy get in line.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" I ask her.

"Let's not talk about that right now," She whispers to me and I smile. She continues staring at him. "No way," She mumbles under her breath. "What is it?" I ask eagerly. "That is my boyfriend," She says. "Zeke!" She calls out. 'Da.mrit' I think in my head. We're never going to pick up the balloons in time. He comes over and they chat and do all the couple-y things like kiss and hug all while I finish my yogurt. "Ruby we have to go," I tell her, biting my lip. "Oh alright," She says standing up. They kiss and hug and say their goodbyes. We're in the car again and on our way to pick up the balloons. "I can't wait until you get a boyfriend," Ruby says while driving. I laugh "Neither can I," I joke while looking out the window. My phone starts ringing and I answer

"Did you get the balloons yet?" The voice says impatiently

"Oh hi Heather, no we haven't we're on our way right now," I tell her.

"Scarlett, you should've had them by now!" She shouts at me

"Oh calm down the party isn't for another 3 hours," I tell her rudely.

"Whatever...just...get them here on time!" She shouts and hangs up.

"She sounds stressed," Ruby says while she parks the car. We get the balloons and bring them back to the house along with the streamers, soda, and snacks. Ruby leaves and Heather continues getting the house ready.

2 hours past and Heather is literally running around the house making sure everything is perfect. I stay upstairs in my room as I listen to music and try drowning the music Heather has blasting downstairs. The door bell rings and our first guests arrive. It's the football team and they brought dates. I put my sign on the door and close it. I turn off my music and go to youtube to look up hair style tutorials that I will never attempt. The music downstairs is shaking my room. More people are coming and before I know it teenagers have filled every inch of the house. I am resisting the urge to pee because I don't want anyone to talk to me but my bladder took over my mind and I went to the bathroom. I came back to find 2 guys on the football team kissing in what seems like a really awkward way to kiss someone. I stand in the door way as I throw my slippers at them. "Out!" I shout. They notice and look panicked. As they leave they keep saying "don't tell anyone!" Or "We aren't gay," I don't care if they're gay or not but don't do the dirty in my room. DOES NO ONE READ THE SIGN! Ugh. They left and I sat back down to learn how to do a fishtail braid. I become bored and soon fell asleep in my full sized bed.