Chapter 1: Stalked -editing-

The air was brisk, the night a total curtain of blackness and  silence completely surrounded the unknown area. The only sign that any life was present was the shrill panting of a young girl. 

CHAPTER 1.

"Well, this can't be good..." the young DI muttered as he viewed the derelict building in front of him.

   From what he could tell, it used to be a warehouse of some kind, which from looking at the state of the place it hadn't been used in many years. It literally looked as though someone had dropped a bomb on it. The walls from the outside were barely stable, confusing him as to why and how it was keeping up this mess. The colour was the scariest part; not only was it completely black and covered in dirt and grime, it also had a suspicious red stain on the giant doors.

   'This must be the reason they got us in then...' he thought to himself.

"Hey, Burrows, we gonna go in and check it out or you just gonna stare at it all day?" His partner, Sam Caruso questioned.

   Caruso definitely fit the image of a typical investigator, one you'd definitely see on your television screens. He was a short, middle-aged, stumpy man with a foul mouth and always seemed to have a cigarette hanging out of it. Although he came across as rude and unbearable, he was probably the best man for the job and had a heart of gold when it came to people he cared about.

   Alex Burrows was the complete opposite of his partner. With short, brown hair, usually slicked back, chocolate brown eyes and strong facial features, he was what you'd describe as attractive. Although he was only 25, he'd been working with Caruso for a good two years now and hadn't looked back since.

   "I guess we'd best look then... Why are we here anyway? All I got was a call off of you, saying the chief wanted us here. Care to explain?" Burrows eyed his partner.

"Someone rang up, anonymously, in the early hours of this morning, saying they heard screaming coming from this building. We have to take a look and see what we can find." Caruso sighed. "It's probably nothing, another crackpot hearing things."

   Burrows nodded, and they advanced into the building. The smell was the first thing that shocked his senses. It smelt like decaying flesh.

   "Remember when I said this can't be good earlier? I don't think I was wrong."

"Just shut up and get on with it, boy. This place is giving me the creeps." Caruso looked around in disgust.

   There didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, just mould where the building had obviously been wearing away. That was until Burrows noticed the blood stains, making a path towards the end of the building.

  "At least we know where we're heading," Caruso stated.

They followed the blood stains across the long corridor, ignoring the doors to the other rooms within the building. The sooner they got out of here, the better.

   The sight that met them at the end wasn't something they'd been expecting. A young, blonde girl was laying dead, eyes and mouth wide open. The strange part wasn't her being dead, although that did raise some questions, but the fact that she didn't look harmed whatsoever. From the looks of things, she literally was scared to death. Burrows looked up and almost vomited at the sight of the wall.

   In blood was written, "WATCH OUT, JESSICA. I'M COMING."

"Shit," Caruso swore, "I'm getting too old for this."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------