#44

A/N Anybody watch Gilmore Girls??? Just watched the revival and my lord it was amazing. Though Spring and Summer were a bit all over the place. XO.

LJLJLJLJLJLJLJLJ

"Mother of Goblins!" Lily shouted. "LOOK!" Marlene, who was barley awake and processing Lily's voice, groaned in response. "It's beautiful Marlene, you have to see it."

"I'm too tired."

"Fine, fine. I'll be back!" She grabbed her winter cloak and dashed out of the Gryffindor tower clad in her shorts, sweater, worn in boots and hastily tried to pull on her cloak. She ran as fast as she could down by the Forbidden forest where she had spotted the magnificent creature. 

Standing before her was a large reindeer, two of them. They grazed on the tree bark pulling it off in strips and slowly munching on them not really noticing Lily's presence.

And emerging from the forest came two tiny calves both with the whitest coat nearly blending in with the snow.

Lily gasped and stood frozen to her spot hoping not to startle any of them. 

"Lily?"

Lily jumped and turned around to see James standing there.

"Why would you do that?"

"What, say your name? Sorry love would you like to be called something else, maybe like my girlfriend?"

Lily rolled her eyes. "Nice try. But smooth Potter, I'll give you that."

"Thanks, I think of these things during detention."

"I'm so flattered." She turned back around glad that the reindeer were still there. "Aren't they gorgeous? I've never seen one before."

James stared at the reindeer and shrugged. "Eh, they're okay. Mediocre. You know I think stags are far more handsome. Much more sturdy animals. And strong."

"They don't pull a sleigh that weight a million tons once a year, now do they?"

"They're the kings of the forest!"

"King-Shming. I've never even seen a stag before! So therefore reindeer are better."

James snorted. "Of course you've seen a stag. There's one very handsome one roaming around the forest."

"Great, I'll come to the wedding and meet him. You speak so fondly of him, he must be real indeering."

James scoffed at the lousy pun. "What're you even doing here? In shorts! Lily you must be freezing."

"I'm not. I've got my cloak, and warm boots! I just wanted to see them up close."

"Lily you're crazy! They could go rogue and hurt you!"

"Oh please. The only thing they could do is let me feed them a carrot."

"Stags wouldn't hurt you."

Lily huffed and turned to face him once more. "What is your obsession with stags! Honestly...is that why your nickname is 'Prongs'?" James didn't answer and Lily squealed. "Really? Is it! That's rich. Merlin, you boys are so weird."

"You have no idea...One day, I promise you Lily, you will meet a stag and he will be so genltemanly you'll forget reindeer exist."

"I'll be sure to tell you when it happens."

James smirked, "Oh trust me...I'll know."