Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

I go to school, butterflies in my stomach, feeling everyone knows my deep, dark secret. Pacing and pacing through the halls, passing teachers and students feeling that they know . No everyday a teenager finds out their a vampire. All the thoughts in my head, my kind eating humans and animals, knowing I might have to do it to and thinking maybe there's more of me, even in my school.

Finally I make it by my locker, knowing my friend Amber will come up to me and ask about my birthday----but I'm scared.

"Hey Hailey, how was your birthday?" asks Amber; I jump a little; it feels like she wasn't there a second ago, I must have been staring into space----again.

"Fine," I said in a nervous voice, even though it was just one question, hoping she won't ask any more.

"What did you get as a sixteenth birthday present?" asks Amber in a very excited voice, eager to know the answer.

"Umm, umm, ummm," I say, nervously trying to change the subject.

"Well, tell me," presses Amber demandingly.

I don't know what to say, so I just blurt something random:"A new vintage phone case which will be delivered in a month." I know I just saved myself, and I'm pretty proud, too; it's random enough so that it can be classified as the truth.

"Good, I'm happy you had a good birthday," said Amber, bouncing on her heels.

"Yeah, great," I said very quietly to myself. I think Amber doesn't hear until----

"What?" asks Amber.

"Nothing," I lie guiltily, looking down.

The locker smashes behind us; I look up; it's Justin.

"Hey Justin," Amber and I say at the same time; Amber giggles in a flirty way and I give her a look like, Seriously?

Justin is my friend and Amber's boyfriend, but I have a huge crush on him. Since the 6th grade I liked him but then Amber came along and took him away. While they have their good morning kiss, I start gazing into his beautiful blue eyes and I can't look away. Finally, when they were done----

"Hailey----Hailey?" asks Amber.

"Yeah, Yeah," I say trying to snap out of looking at Justin's dreamy eyes and blushing noticeably.

"I have to go to class; I'll see you later, guys," says Amber after checking her watch. "Bye, Justin!"

Finally Justin and I are alone. I didn't know what to say, and I'm careful not to look into his eyes. What am I supposed to say----"Hey I love you?" And I don't even know how he feels anyway, and, besides, breaking my best friend's heart would be horrible.

"Do you want to go with me to a Maroon 5 concert next week?" asks Justin in a very flirty voice.

"UMMMM, like a date?" I ask slowly.

"Maybe," Justin says in a curious and flirtatious voice.

"Maybe," I echo. "Maybe I'll go."

When the last bell rings at the end of the day I realize I got hungry. As in, vampire hungry. I run home to catch my parents but it's not a normal walk home. I mysteriously start rushing. My feet are on fire; when I look down the wind and the speed are coming towards my face as I go faster and faster. The wind is blowing through my hair and I don't have any time to think about what's going on because my brain is rushing so fast and my blood is flowing even faster.

When I finally walk home (a.k.a run home) I push open the door in fear and just start screaming.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" asks Mom urgently, running downstairs with Dad and probably thinking there's a fire or something.

"Today I ran home with no control, I'm turning paler every minute, and I have the urging feeling of drinking blood!" I moan despairingly.

"It's okay, sweetie, it's your first time finally getting all the power in and if you need a drink, come with us," says Dad, giving Mom a "look."

We all take a trip to the basement....

"What are we looking at----this is just a working lab you both have, how is this going to help?" I ask, frustration evident in my voice.

Finally in the moment of silence, Dad flips the switch on the back of the room that he always told me never to touch because I'd get electrocuted, and the library of books start spinning to the other side. I'm filled with amazement when I find out of the back of the wall wall a disgusting but at the same time a delicious thing.

"Wow!" I say in amazement.

"Do you like it, sweetie?" asks Dad, curious and scared for the answer.

"NO, why would I like a wall filled with blood?" I ask, masking my emotions and forcing myself to look angry.

"Well, sweetie, this is your food, and this is very valuable. This blood belonged to George Washington," says Mom.

"Ohh that's great I drink blood," I said in a sarcastic voice. By the time I calm down it's 11:00 and I got home at 4:30. "I have to go to bed."

"Good night," said my parents, probably thinking in their head that I didn't take it that well.

When I get to my room I open the window, letting the fresh air blow throw my hair and getting in the last whiff of freedom, knowing now I can't stay in the sunlight or I might burn to death, not like a sunburn. I have to clear my throat; no more beach, no more sun, and no more freedom, how will I live? The sudden anticipation rushes through my brain when I realize, I can do anything.

*This book is made by candy176 and Ichic98 together.*