TWENTY - SIX ::

Or so I had wished.

I shook my head as I turned to look at her, longingly. Her smile was still beaming toward me. I quickly shook my head to calm my thoughts, which were in a traffic jam at this point.

"Are you alright, Aaron?" I quickly nodded and turned the heat higher. "Are you sure you didn't want to go with the boys to the club? Granit said he'd be back before midnight so he could watch a movie with me so you don't have to worry, really."

I'm more worried that Granit is a liar,

And is no good for you.

"Can't we go back to what we were like?"

She was quiet.

As I expected her to be.

I kept my eyes on the road.

"Xhaka is all that seems to be on your mind at this point, what good is he to you? What has he done to capture your heart like this? You met him when we were engaged! And now you're by his side; what the fuck is this? What are you doing to me?"

I pulled the vehicle aside onto the road, watching the rushed cars fly by my window- the London night captivating my eyes as she opened her mouth to speak to me.

"Have you asked yourself that question when you had slept with Alyssa?"

"How many times have I explained that Alyssa was a friend?"

"Don't explain to me about the constant lipstick stain, Aaron. Please don't."

"And what about Xhaka?"

"We met in Switzerland-"

"Fuck off, you never went to Switzerland."

"Not with you. You never brought me anywhere."

I was silent because she was right.

"Granit is different." I looked away in shame, not admitting to it, of course. "I had left you for months at your home, and we broke off what we had. Then I went off to tour Europe with the money that I had saved on my own, so I don't have to leech off of you. So no, Aaron. I didn't meet him when we were engaged. I didn't cheat like you did."

She got ready to exit the car.

"I'll leave first, Aaron. I don't want to argue."

I pushed the gear into drive, placing my car back onto the road.

"I'll take you home like I promised Granit."

I drove her in silence to the apartment in which we used to share. She exited the car with a murmur of a thank you as I saw Granit's car parked in the car park, his figure greeting her with a tight hug, waving over to me as he took her hand and escorted her back to the building as they laughed together.

1016.

It meant so much to us.

And now it only meant so much to me.

.

any feedback so far? This is turning into a spiral idk what Aaron might do next

a bit of a filler sorry

Do you dig Granit more or Aaron? If you could pick as the main character, who'd you pick?

x