❄Epilogue❄

Song: I'll Be Home- Meghan Trainor

The day Tanner proposed to Bailey in that cabin was the same day they finally got to leave. The storm had stopped, and most of the snow had melted, making the roads safe enough to drive on. Bailey and tanner packed up their cars, placed Malia in her car seat, and they headed home as an engaged couple.

The first stop they made was Megan's house. Most of Tanner's stuff was still there, so while he packed it all up, Megan walked out to Bailey's car.

"Hey, Bails. How have you been?" Megan greeted, giving Bailey a quick hug, and Bailey returned the hug. When they pulled away, Bailey gave her a smile.

"I've been good, minus being stuck in a cabin for almost a month." The two laughed. After their laughter died down, things became slightly awkward. Bailey was still kind of mad that this was the girl cheated on her with; after all, Megan was her best friend.

"Listen, Bailey, I know you and I grew apart whenever Tanner was with me, but I want you to know it was nothing serious. Tanner was never in love with me and I knew it. He has been in love with you since the day you two met. I should know. He kept a picture of you and Avery on his nightstand. He just covered it up with a picture of him and I." Megan stated, and Bailey stared at her in shock. Suddenly, she felt bad for Megan. It was almost as if Tanner had strung her along, and no girl deserved to go through that.

"Meg, I'm so sorry. I didn't know-"

"It's okay, Bails. You guys are meant for each other. Besides, I'm seeing Derek." Bailey stared at her for a couple of minutes. Then, a slow smile began to grow on her lips.

"Derek from politics?" Bailey questioned, and Megan's face tinged pink and she nodded. Bailey let out a chuckle. "Well, I'm happy for you, Meg. Derek is a good guy. Plus, he's had a crush on you for the longest time."

Megan let out a giggle, "I know, he told me. You have a great guy too. Tanner really does love you."

Bailey nodded as her smile grew. She knew Tanner was a good guy. he was so caring, loving, and funny, but most of all, he treated Bailey like she was the only girl in the world. Tanner really was one of a kind.

"Who is that?" Megan asked, pointing to Malia who was sitting in the backseat, and Bailey grinned at her little girl.

"That's our second daughter, Malia."

Megan smiled at Bailey before she placed her face against the window and looked in at Malia. The baby stared at Megan before she let out a tiny giggle and smiled at her.

"Oh, Bails, she is beautiful. She has eyes just like yours, and her little smile is as beautiful as Tanner's." Megan exclaimed before she moved away from the window and smiled at Bailey. "You two have a beautiful family."

Bailey was about to thank her, but then Tanner walked out with the last of his things. He placed them in the back of his car before he walked to the girls. He smiled at both of them and wrapped his arm around Bailey.

"I should let you guys go. I know Avery is dying to see you again." She said to Tanner, and he nodded as he smiled at Bailey. Megan gave Bailey a hug, and then she hugged Tanner, but before she let go, she whispered something in his ear. When they pulled away, Megan smiled at Bailey.

"Come visit me sometime." Megan said, walking back into her house. When she was inside, Bailey turned to Tanner and gave him a questioning look.

"What did she say?"

Tanner walked to his car and grinned at Bailey before he intertwined their hands, "She said I was lucky. She said I should never let a girl like you go again, because you are the best I could ever have."