Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Niall's POV:

"You ready for tonight's game, son?" Coach asked me, smacking my back.

"Yes sir, ready as ever." I nodded.

"Central High is a challenge now. And you being the quarterback and captain, have to guide your team to victory."

"Yes coach, I understand."

"Good," he stated. "Now what's this I'm hearing about you dating some girl named Avalon?"

I cracked a grin as I saw my football coach smirking at me.

"Um we've been dating for a few weeks now. I love her." I whispered, smiling shyly.

"Aww boys did you hear that? Little Nialler is in love!" Coach shouted to all the other boys. We were all in the locker room and now all the boys of the football team were chanting, "Nialler's in love."

I felt my cheeks grow warm in embarrassment and I said, "shut up you guys!"

"Aw look he's blushing." One of the guys said. The boys broke out into laughter and I shook my head while putting my hands on my face. Even though I loved the team, they sure could be embarrassing sometimes. But hey that's what brothers are for.

********

Avalon's POV:

"I still can't believe I'm going to the football game." I groaned, rubbing my forehead.

"Why, you've never been before?" Chrissy asked, smiling at me.

"No and I never wanted to go, because..." I trailed off.

"It's okay. That was the past. Now you have me, Niall and Brandon." She comforted me, rubbing my back. I sat on her bed and stared at the ceiling. I'd told Niall that it was okay for him to tell Chrissy about what all had happened to me. So now she knew and so did Brandon.

"Now will you be a sweetheart and go try this on for me?" She asked and held out a pair of skinny jeans with a loose hanging sweater that had different hues of blue covering it.

"But what I'm wearing is fine." I said, looking down at my loose cargo pants and old sweatshirt. One look at Chrissy's face and I knew she wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Oh I cannot wait to go Prom dress shopping," She squealed as I hopped into her bathroom to try the outfit on. She knew she was getting on my nerves. I didn't like being all girly and stuff, but sometimes I liked to look nice. Growing up, because my stepfather spent all of his money on alcohol, I never got to shop for clothes like a normal girl. "I've never really had a good girl friend before." Chrissy said in a low voice, but loud enough for me to hear.

"Me either." I told her, while putting the sweater over my tank top.

"I used to drag Brandon and Niall to go shopping with me." She laughed. I laughed with her and slowly walked out of the room.

"Holy... You look great!" Chrissy exclaimed.

"Now for the make-up..." she cautiously said.

"But I don't want to!" I whined.

"Please Av?" She pleaded.

"No."

"Please?"

"Not today. Maybe before Prom?" I asked.

"Fine," She sighed. All of a sudden, her sad expression was replaced by a bright one. "But let me curl your hair!"

"No!" I whined again.