Chapter 18-complete

I hear Axl running to me in the kitchen, but just when he barged through the big door, someone grabbed his shoulder and dragged him back, but Axl is very strong, and shoved the guy away. While all this happened, I just stood there and watched what is happening, not knowing what to do.

"Kendra! Listen to me, run out the back, run to the woods, just run straight, you will see a little house, go in there, you will find Raina, and she will help you!" the guy came back and tried to grab him again.

"Kendra! Did you hear me? Go. Now!" I look back at Axl, and nod before turning around and started running, but just before I went out the door, Axl shouted my name again, and I stood still, and turned to him.

"Kendra! Before you go, you have to listen to me. Do. Not. Trust. Adrianna!"

Wait. What?

But just before I could question him, more guys came in, and they saw me, but before they could do something, I was out of the door.

I ran as fast as my feet could carry me, not turning around to see if they were still chasing me.

I ran into the woods, almost running into a tree, but I recovered, and ran for about ten minutes. I was beginning to doubt that I'm going the right way, until I found a path that led to a small house.

I barged into the house, and see Raina and Grover already packing up.

How did they know?

"Raina, what's going on?" I quivered
"I will tell you later, but now we have to get out of here!"

Suddenly Grover took a little ball out of one of their plant pots. It's very colourful, and the colours are swirling around. It's kind of pretty, and I want to touch it, but I didn't get the chance.

Grover took the ball, and threw it to the floor, where it blew up in many colours. The colours were so beautiful!

I looked up, and when I did, I didn't recognise where I was.

Where are we?

I looked around, and only saw woods. Only, this is not the same wood that I've been in a couple minutes before.

Raina took my hand, and the three of us ran. It looked like they knew where they were going, so I didn't say anything.

We began slowing down until we just walked. I was too tired to say anything.

We walked for hours, until I saw a little house, and we went inside. Grover and Raina know this place, and was here before. I went to the living room, and lied down on the couch, closing my eyes for just a second, and I was out like a candle.

***

I woke up the next day with Grover and Raina on the other couch, cuddling with each other.

Eww.

"Morning Kendra, did you sleep well?" Raina asked happily.

"I did sleep well, thanks. What happened yesterday? Where is Axl? What's going on?" I asked without catching a breath.

Raina sat up, and looked me in the eyes.

"They attacked the kingdom, because they are looking for you. You are the next of kin, and they want you. We don't know where Axl is, but we think they captured him, don't worry about it, he can get out, he is strong enough. Don't worry about your sister, she is with Astrid. But I'm going to be honest with you and say that you won't see her for a long time. We are trying to keep you safe from the enemy."

I'm glad they are honest with me, not many people would be so honest. At least Cammie is safe.

I frown at them. "Why did Axl say that I shouldn't trust Addie? What does she have to do with anything?"

They look at each other, and look back at me. Grover blinked at me and cleared his throat.

"Do you know what your name means in German?" he asked me.
I shook my head.

"Your name means 'royal protector' in German, and Adrianna's name means 'dark'. Do you get it now? We found out that her mother is king Rick's ex-wife that we thought died. She is the one your grandparents forced king Rick to marry. When Adrianne heard that we were at your school to get you, she went home and told her mother that we were here. We think that she knew the whole time who we were, and worse, we think she knew who you were the whole time. That is why she befriended you. To get close to you and gain your trust."

"But what does all this mean?" I asked bewildered by all the news.

"She is trying to take over the kingdom, because she is your half-sister. Meaning that king Rick is her father. She wants to overtake the kingdom, Kendra."