Eight

"I understand, but your behaviour is unacceptable, Dean

"I understand, but your behaviour is unacceptable, Dean." Iris' accent was unmistakable and she didn't sound happy.

"Last time I checked, you worked for me, so what gives you the right to tell me what's best for my business?" he snapped, equally as pissed.

I was actually looking forward to training that morning because I had woken up to find my two best snuggling—a word I promised never to use but there was no other way to describe it. Whether it was intentional or not, I didn't want to find out. So, I left the house in a hurry and found myself overhearing an argument between Iris and Dean.

"You're a stubborn ass," Iris shouted, clearly irritated.

Dean didn't say anything but I didn't have to see him to know he had that famous death glare on his face. I could have poked my head through the gap in the door of his office and interrupt before it got any further, but I didn't because [1] I didn't feel like going into work for training anymore and [2] Dean sounded more pissed than usual, which I didn't think was possible.

So, like the polite-and-extremely-lazy-human-being I am, I went to the changing rooms and locked myself up in a cubical with numerous delightful images of the male and female anatomy. Then I got engrossed in an intense game of Temple Run.

Now, I get pretty into a game, whether it be on my phone or the Xbox and I unconsciously make a lot of grunting noises, like tennis players on the sports channel. So, because of this, I didn't hear the evident sound of footsteps approaching my stall.

"Holden," Dean growled.

I instantly quit out of the app.

"I know you're in here, kid. And I also happen to know that you've been eavesdropping on my personal conversations, so you better get your ass out of that damn cubical."

That was enough to convince me. Sliding my phone into my pocket, I unlocked the door and let it swing open until I saw a pretty angry Dean. His arms were crossed against his chest, muscles flexed. And with his Grumpy Cat expression, it never failed to intimidate me. I leaned against the frame of the cubical and jerked my chin at him.

"What's up?"

He looked at me, clearly irritated. "You're dismissed."

I faltered, slowly straightening. "You mean, I'm fired?"

I had never been fired before.

"No," he answered angrily, scrubbing a hand down his face. "You're dismissed for the day. I don't know how much longer I can tolerate looking at your face."

Consciously, I was having an internal battle between holy-freaking-crap-this-is-awesome and great-now-I-have-do-go-back-to-my-two-best-friends-having-a-sleepover-snuggle. Unfortunately, I couldn't stick around and debate over it because Dean's super glare pierced into me.