11 Kitnapped

Last Updated: July 27 2017

The ferocious sky-rumble raged on ahead, as Pebblekit was roughly hauled along by his aching scruff. Falling sky-water just as fiercely lashed at his already soddened pelt, damping his confused mood. A small, but sharp pain shot up his spine, just like the forked lightning that brightened the black sky to exceptional lengths. The strange, fern-smelling cat that was trotting along at a surprisingly quick speed, didn't seem to care if Pebblekit's poor rear end bumped along the stony ground or not. He growled. "Ow! Do you mind?" he hissed, blinking the falling water out of his squinted eyes.
Burning amber stared down at Pebblekit as he tried to fixate on who was above him. They narrowed into slits for a split-second before facing forward again. "Quiet, dog. If you're so eager for me to let you go, I'm sure you woulddan't mind me leaving ya out here in the rain."
"Huh? What was that? You're going leave him out here? That's against our orders!" A low, whispery voice sounded to his right, but he couldn't see or smell anything besides faintly glowing light blue eyes. Was it a young tom? Or a she-cat with a male-sounding voice?
"D'ya really think I would be as mouse-brained as that?"
"Yes. Now concentrate!"
"Shut up."
"Both of you shut up," echoed a familiar voice with disgust.
Pebblekit knew only one cat would dare say anything as bold as that to an enemy cat.
Skykit!
"Galekit? Is that you over there?" Pebblekit mewed loudly, using his brother's pretend-name. They had both come up with them a half-moon ago for emergencies, for example, right at this moment.
"Breezekit! You're okay! I thought we got separated!" Skykit widened his dilated copper eyes in exaggeration whilst staring in shock to his left.
"Can't you two see each other through the rain?" scoffed the amber-eyed cat.
"No, but I can see this she-cat. Looks better in the rain than you."
At that point, the cat carrying Pebblekit and Skykit himself started arguing. But Pebblekit sulked. How had Skykit detected that his carrier was a she-cat in the middle of a storm? Irritation prickled along his spine like a tick that was hard to reach, just as a roll of sky-rumble rumbled overhead. What was that feeling beginning to creep around him?
Skykit excelled at physical activities, yes, but he was a disastrous hunter. So how did his sense of smell sharpen so suddenly in the sky-water? Was it a sensual disorder? Or a genetic mutation of some sort? Some might say it was pure luck this time around, but Pebblekit was a tom cat who second-guessed everything. He was always on the lookout for danger.
"We're near Mars- I mean, the hollow!" The she-cat cried out in relief, breaking Pebblekit's thoughts.
"Mars? What's Mars?" Skykit was utterly dumb-founded.
Isn't it obvious?
"Wait," snorted the cat carrying Pebblekit.
Maybe if I scent hard enough, I can find out the gender of this cat...
He scented over and over again, but got nowhere. That's if you didn't count his newly achieved success at swallowing ice-cold water whole. How did Skykit do it in one go? Pebblekit needed more time!
But of course, there was no time for nostalgia as the four cats were nearing their somewhat-mysterious destination.

~~~~

I Am Alive Main Theme - Jeff Broadbent (I Am Alive Original Soundtrack)

~~~~

The title...

I'm sorry...