s i x

As they drove around, finding a place to park, Jiyeon could hardly contain her excitement, as Jinyoung noticed. He smiled to himself while getting out of the car. She was already way ahead of her, running towards the snow-white park, not caring about how childish she was but rather how much fun she was having. That's what Jinyoung loved about her. That, and the fact that whenever Jiyeon was around, he felt like he was flying.

"Jinyoung!! Come on!" She yelled at him. He smiled and paced himself over to where she stood, only to feel a loud thud on the front of his chest. Powder fluttered to the ground as Jinyoung realized he had been hitten by a snowball, oh it was so on.

He gathered a fair amount of snow in his palms, and quickly threw it in Jiyeon's direction, hitting her in the back as she tried to run away. He chased her into the woods, the two of them ran further away from the city, branches scratched their arms and legs, but neither of them cared. It was the most fun they had ever had in months.

Jinyoung finally caught up to Jiyeon, wrapped his arms around her, pulled her back, until they both tumbled down into the snow.

Jiyeon opened her eyes and found herself in an awkward position, on top of him, their faces dangerously close to each other. At that moment, she completely lost her words as well as her brain process.

"Uh... I'm.. sorry.." Jiyeon apologized as she struggled to get off of him.

She felt so nervous, her hands were shaking as she sat on the floor next to Jinyoung. Although he was also extremely nervous and aware of what had happened, he smiled a bit and glanced sideways at her. Jinyoung felt warmth spreading through his chest, rising to his cheeks, making him blush severely.

"Hey, let's get back to the park, okay?" He gently suggested. Jiyeon nodded in reply, still shocked, still cold.

They struggled to walk in the thick snow, but managed to make it back, where Jinyoung's car was in sight. There was a single bench that overlooked the white capped mountains and the blanket of snow that encased the view. The sky was blanket white, speckles of snowflakes still falling to the ground.

The couple sat together on the bench, close to each other to keep warm. In spite of their position, both were completely silent, until Jinyoung spoke up.

"Jiyeon?" He called out quietly.

"Mhm."

"I need to tell you something," he said, turning to her.

"Sure, what is it?" She turned to look at him as well.

Jinyoung froze up for a second, then tried to relax his mind. "You know how I told you I liked someone?"

Why now, Jiyeon thought to herself. She was ready to get her heart broken, to have her hopes up and disappointed. "Yeah?" She forced out a tiny whisper.

"I-um.. that girl is... you."

// the next chapter is gonna be the last one :( 

but i have another story coming up soon!