Chapter Eighteen

Dedication: @dildounutapprove because I love your username bc Phan/Dil. Idk if you read this, but I just wanted to tell you that :D

Within the amount of time that Calum was gone, Ashton had come to conclusions that he was going to talk to Luke whether Calum told him to or not. It wasn't that he didn't trust what Calum was going to say because, in this case, he did. But he was going to figure it out for himself. His mind and curiosity was getting the best of him about what the captain of the soccer team wanted from him. 

The door opened, scaring the hell out of Ashton. Calum walked in, a smoldering look on his face. It somewhat scared Ashton because angry Calum wasn't exactly the most delightful version of him that he had ever witnessed. 

"Is everything alright?" Ashton asked with caution.

"Avoid Luke at all costs," Calum sneered. "He doesn't want to sit down and become friends with you. He wants to hurt you and make your life a living hell. And if I have anything to do with it, I will kill him before he tries to hurt you."

Ashton looked at Calum, feeling slightly scared as he listened to his roommate sneer and growl about Luke. It made him feel like his urge to find out whatever it was that Luke wanted was actually the worst idea he had ever had and he was going to go to Hell just for thinking about it.

"What did he say that it was he was calling me for?" Ashton asked, earning nothing but angered silence from Calum. "Please, if he told you, I would appreciate you telling me. I would like to know why he wanted to victimize me."

Calum let out a huff of air. "He didn't exactly tell me what it was that he wanted, but I know that it isn't good by the way he was taunting me and I don't want you to find out. I didn't press him about either."

Ashton furrowed his brow. "I thought that was the reason that you went to find him."

"It was..." Calum trailed, his angry gaze turning into one of uncertainty. "He threatened to ruin my soccer career if I were to keep disrespecting him and bothering him."

"He threatened you?! Calum, you can tell the coach. Tell the Dean of Students. He can't threaten to ruin your career! That's harassment and against the law!" Ashton told him, running to his roommate's side, knowing that the sport meant everything and then some to Calum. The last thing that he wanted was for his roommate's career and dreams to be demolished because of him. 

"I can't tell the coach or the dean, Ashton. That's just asking for Luke's wrath. I'm not really about that life," Calum said, crashing on his bed. 

Ashton stood there for a second, feeling like a complete jerk for putting Calum's life on the line. Now it was up to Ashton to figure out Luke's need and also to make sure that Calum's career wouldn't get ruined. He was going to have to befriend Luke if he was going to make sure everything was smoothed over. He just wished that there was a better way.

"I'm going to be meeting Michael at the cafe. Are you going to be okay here alone? You're welcome to join us, but I'm going to be helping him with an English essay," Ashton suddenly blurted, knowing that it was basically a flat out lie. He was going to meet Michael, but he wasn't going for homework purposes. He was going to discuss the Luke situation, but now it had a whole new meaning.

"I'll be fine. I'm not a hurt puppy, Ashton. I'm a big boy," Calum said, giving his concerned roommate a smirk and wink. 

Ashton blushed and returned it with an awkward half smile. "Okay, if you say so."

With that, Ashton grabbed his book bag to make it convincing to Calum. He felt bad for lying to him, but he needed to discuss things with someone that didn't have anything against Luke. Michael was that person. He would be able to give him the words of wisdom and hopefully a solution to this issue that originally wasn't that much of an issue.