Chess

After meeting Mello and Near, Maestro went and greeted the other children at Wammy's house. Then it came to lunch time. Maestro was sat against a tree, bored. Nobody around here was any fun. He had thought about trying to make friends with that Mello kid, but he turned out to be a huge nob. Then a thought crossed his head. What about Near? He hadn't seen him anywhere.

Maestro's POV. (^ . ^)/

I looked around for the albino but couldn't find him anywhere. Maybe he was inside? I made my way up to the door, and opened it.

Near was sat down on the floor playing chess. However, nobody sat opposite him. Was he playing against himself?
"Hey Near," I greeted.
"Hello," he replied in a monotone voice.
"Why are you playing on your own?"
"Nobody else will play with me,"
"Ill play with you," I told him with a smile.
"Don't bother," came the voice of someone behind us. "He's socially inept. Don't even try making friends with him,"
"Thanks but I think I can decide that for myself," I said, irritated.
"Suit yourself," he said while riling his eyes.
I turned back to Near.
"Why do you want to play with me?" He asked. "Did you not hear what he said?"
"I don't really care about that. Besides, your a lot more fun than everyone else in this joint,"