Chapter two.

I walked up the stairs to my old bedroom, and laid myself across the old, tattered, too small, bed.

"Life was so much easier back then." I muttered, to no one in particular.

I couldn't lose Michelle, but I didn't want to be in Armor For Sleep anymore.

I'd just have to find a way to convince her that this was for the best.

Michelle wasn't easily convinced though, when she made up her mind, it was final, and there was no changing it, but since I was marrying her, I'd have to find a way around that.

This time, at least.

I rolled onto my side and saw a picture of Michelle and I that I'd put there when we met.

I'd come home for the holidays, and I brought her with me.

We'd stayed in this room, made love in this bed, and had a food fight in the kitchen.

I stared at it, taking in how happy we were, and I sighed.

"I won't leave the band, but our sound will definitely change." I said.

"As long as your doing what you love, I'm completely aboard. I'm so glad you came to your senses babe." Michelle said.

"It took some serious thinking, and advice from Momma, but I made my decision." I said.

"Well, I'm working late tonight, so I'll be home after you go to sleep, but I love you. Did you feed Brutus?" She asked.

"Shit, no! I'll call PJ and have him go and check on him. I'm in Teaneck, and there's like three inches of snow on the ground, so I won't be home for at least a couple of days. But I love you too. Don't miss me too much." I said.

She laughed, "I'll try. I gotta go, Talk to you tomorrow." She said.

After making my decision and my phone calls, I walked downstairs.

My sister was home now, standing next to my mother at the stove, helping finish dinner.

"Hey Mel." I said.

She turned around, and smiled, "What are you doing here Benny?" She asked.

"Seeking advice from mom." I said, stealing a piece of bell pepper from the cutting board.

"Having problems being a big grown up boy?" Melanie teased.

I pushed her playfully, "Shut up, adult life isn't as fun as you teenagers think it is." I said.

"Just wait until you're my age son." Mom said.

I laughed.

"Where's Michelle?" Melanie asked.

"She's working. I told her I probably wouldn't make it home until the snow melted." I said.

"You know Teaneck, it'll melt as soon as the sun comes up. They salt the roads a lot more than they did when you, Daniel and Derek were kids." Mom said.

"I need to call Daniel, He'd be the best at giving me marriage advice." I said.

"So you think. Daniel's the oldest of us, but still the most immature." Melanie said.

I heard the front door open and my dad's voice, "Betty? Melanie?"

"In the kitchen Artemis." Mom called.

My dad came in, "Benjamin, what a surprise. What honor do we owe this visit?" He asked.

"He's having trouble making some decisions in his life. He needed my help." Mom said.