The the Philippine Republic Act No

The the Philippine Republic Act No. 7160 (otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991), a councilor is a member of a local council that is the legislative body of the local geovernment unit. Local Governments in the Philippines are of four regular categories, excluding the Sangguniang Kabataan. 

[edit] Sangguniang Kabataan 

A special council for the barangay youth but has less legislative functions. Only the Sangguniang Kabataan Chairman sits as an ex-officio member to the Sangguniang Barangay. 

[edit] Sangguniang Barangay 

Barangay Council, the legislature of the smallest political unit in the Philippines composing of 7 regular members excluding the presiding officer that is the Punong Barangay aka Barangay Chairman/Captain and its one ex-officio member. 

[edit] Sangguniang Bayan 

Municipal Council, the legislature of a town or a municipality that is composed of 8 regular members excluding the Vice-Mayor that is the presiding officer, and the ex-officio members that are the Association of Barangay Chairmen President, the Sangguniang Kabataan Federation President, and other ex-officio members provided by its local provisions. 

[edit] Sangguniang Panlungsod 

City Council, composed of regular members that are dependent on the number provided by its chartering republic act excluding its Vice-Mayor that is the presiding officer. Two usual ex-officio members would include the Association of Barangay Chairmen President and the Sangguniang Kabataan Federation President. Its powers, functions and responsibilities as a legislative body would be similar to the Sangguniang Bayan and the Sangguniang Panlalawigan combined together. However, its chartering as a city would determine if it shall act either as independent from a Sangguniang Panlalawigan or component to it. 

[edit] Sangguniang Lalawigan 

Provincial Board, the legislative body of a provincial government in the philippines. The composition of its regular members depends on the number of its congressional district representations in the National House of Representatives provided by the Local Government Code of 1991 and its amendments. Usually, it has three ex-officio members namely the Philippine Councilors League Provincial President, Liga ng mga Barangay Provincial President, and the Sangguniang Kabataan Provincial Federation President. 

Alfred Vargas is being received warmly in the several events he gets invited to attend in the second district of Quezon City where he is running as councilor. In our chance encounter with Alfred last week, the actor disclosed that some people are tickled pink whenever they see his handsome face, with one or two lady fans fainting at the sight of the award-winning actor. 

In these events, Alfred said that the people still ask him about showbiz matters. Before “Darna” ended last Friday, the people would always ask Alfred about Katrina Halili and Nadine Samonte, his partners in “Darna.” Of course, Alfred is likewise happy that he was able to return to “Darna” and was part of the concluding episode. 

He had received two offers to do films for Cinemalaya (where his movie “Colorum” was an entry last year). One of these is “Ang Paglilitis kay Bonifacio” to be directed by Mario O’Hara. Alfred has yet to read the script of the other film offer to be directed by a newbie filmmaker. But if he could arrange his schedule to fit both projects into his already full schedule (with the campaign for local elections set to start sometime in March), Alfred certainly would love to do both. 

Alfred got good feedback on his last film project “Colorum” which was directed by Jobin Ballesteros and which gave Lou Veloso the best actor award at the Cinemalaya last year. But with his entry into politics, Alfred’s showbiz career would have to take the backseat. He has to sacrifice his showbiz career for the moment so he could pursue his goal of serving the public as a councilor. “Man of Action and Vision” is his slogan.