Chapter 3

...Two Years Later...

Akayla’s POV

I woke up with a bottle of bourbon next to me in a large bath tub. I moan at the splitting hangover ranging through my head. I grasp my head while I reached for the almost empty bottle and down it quickly- the pain quickly ebbed away as the warmth of it tingled through my body. I sigh in relief and lie back against the cool perl colored tub. My curls falling onto the sides of my cheeks, sticking there from the sweat clinging to it. Someone bursts into the room and empties the contents of their stomach into the toilet. I look up to see my best friend Loen there cursing the Old Ones for his own hangover.

“Hey buddy.” I rasp going back to letting my cheek rest against the tub.

“Never again- I never want to go to a graduation party ever the hell again.” He moans sinking to the ground laying his cheek against the cool marbled floor.

“It was your idea dumb ass.” I rasp again sitting up and saw I was missing a shoe and my shirt, I was only wearing a light lacy blue bra with my leather jacket over it. My tight black skinny jeans were torn at the knees. Huh I must of fell at some point last night.

“Yes, but I am blaming you- I have dubbed you irresponsible.” he groans running his hand through his black curls pushing it back from his sweaty forehead.

“I have dubbed you a dumb ass.” I mumble trying to get up nearly falling out of the tub, who the hell has a tub this tall in the first place?

He sits back up and retches into the toilet, and I grimace at the smell. I finally get out of the tub and flush the toilet once he is finished. I help him up off the ground which was really hard to do with him being at least 6 feet tall and I was a laughable 5’3. We stumble along and I found my other shoe but my shirt was a goner given that it was worn by a very chubby man that nearly tore it in half. The dick. I was able to hail a cab and I pushed Leon in and followed in after him, giving him the address to the boarding school. Leon passes out and was snoring lightly, and indian music was playing quietly in the cab as the driver sang along with it with his deep foreign accent.

Soon we made it back to the dorms and I drag Leon to the bedroom and let him collapse on my bed that was closest to the door. He moans in distress rolling to his side off of his stomach. I grimace when the sun hit my eyes, the headache that was nothing but silent was now very vocal and I groan. Stumbling into the singular bathroom shutting the door behind me and turning the faucet on in the shower. I turn on the small light and I looked like hell, my short curly dark brunette hair was a mess and sticking out in all sorts of angles. My eyes bloodshot and bruised looking, my skin look ashin- yep never drinking that much ever again. I grab the brush and quickly yank it through my curls that came above my collarbone. I cut it for a change and my hair was coming too much of a hassle to brush. Leon was distraught when I came back after my hair appointment. I strip off the rest of my clothing but I had to peel off my skinny jeans that stuck to my sweaty skin. I quickly throw them into the laundry basket and get into the running shower. Gasping at the still very hot water, I grip the smooth pearled walls and let the water run down my aching muscles. Then I grabbed my loofa and lathered with my favorite body wash, that smelled of oranges. Running it through my whole body until I felt all the grime was gone from the party and then I quickly shampooed and conditioned my hair before stepping out and wrapping a towel around me.