Blood Makes The World Go Round

'I was nothing - just a mere witch in the world of humans. They were the fire that lit my eyes, my soul, my inspiration. They were stronger than me, they knew my weaknesses now - I was a danger in their eyes, and all I could do was let them take my life. Burn me at that stake - pay me back for the sins I had done, be born to a witch, study witchcraft and be in the religion of Wiccan. I would perish tonight - midnight to be presice to prove to all the others out there, the brute force of the humans, their hunger for blood. Tonight I would resurrect the witch kind and hopefully bring peace to the witch and human war that was set among us against our will. Please oh Wizard of all - use me to protect your servants for they have been kind to you and stayed faithful even in the danger of death.'

I placed the diary down, tears running down my face. What had my mother been thinking - why did she have to give me my Great-Grandmother's diary. She said it was to get in touch with the past - connect me to the reality of the world, the reason she forbid me to go to school, talk to people or even leave the house without her permission. I bit my lip and rocked back on my chair. I had better practice my spells or my mum might well blow a fuse. She was murderous when she was angry - so I had better stay in her good books for now or she might turn me into a frog or wasp. Then again - that might be a good thing, then I can be with the humans. I want to be normal, I want to be a normal 15 year old girl talking about fashion and jewellery - even talk about boys and stuff like that. But it's forbidden - stupid mother.

I hunt down my spell book in my bookshelf, when I hear my mum call me out to the main room. It was a herb shop. I stumble over the boxes in my path and enter the room. My mum was sat on the floor - herbs scattered around her. This wasn't right, mum was normally so neat and careful with everything. I rushed over to help her, I stoppe when I saw her face. Her eyes were blank, blood dripping from them as if she were crying blood, her cheek a pale white and her lips open in a gasp. It looked as if she had turned to stone. I scanned through my head a list of spells that could have these effects. Crucifition - nope. Paralization - nope. Petrification - yep. Damn - someone had used a spell to petrify my mum - this heartless, cold woman. 

I sighed and put the door sign as closed, sitting on the counter chair. I put my head in my hands and thought deepily. Was this why she stopped me from going into the outside world? Murderous killers? I smiled slightly - stupid woman, she spent all her time protecting me, she didn't protect herself, just like my Great-Grandmother. Must run in the family then. The only way to reverse a spell is to get the wizard or witch who casted it to reverse it, kill the caster or find the reverse spell (Almost impossible to find). Great. Time to get to work with my murder magic. I chuckled slightly - this was kinda exciting.

Before I started my training, I first maded a protection spell, cutting a lock of my mother's brown hair and a lock of my own straight blonde hair. I added them to a pestal and mortar, with some table salt, basil and a splash of water. I mixed them together and put the small quantity around my mother's body to protect her. I also put a dot of the mixture on her forehead and cheeks. After that I washed my hands and sat back at the counter, yawning. I suppose a little bit of sleep wouldn't hurt for a while, so I could gain my strengths for tomorrow's training. I got up and headed to my room.