Chapter 5 - I Lied.

*Dakota's POV*

"Happy New Years!" Everyone cheered and raised their glass to the sky. Fireworks erupted in the beautiful LA night sky. This place is truly amazing.

My breath was caught in my throat when Calum grabbed me by mid-back and dipped me down so we were in a finishing tango position. My arms instantly wrapped itself around his neck in fear that he'll joke around and make me fall.

He brought his face close to mine and I always loved how his breath was minty. "Happy New Years, babe."

Whenever we kissed, I always felt that kind of glimpse in my stomach. Calum made me feel like no other and that's what I truly loved about the idiot. His pink, plumped lips were smooth against mine and I began to think this was caring along too long since I was beginning to get light headed a bit for lack of oxygen.

I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed him back, my breathing coming out as pants. He smiled at me before planting a sweet kiss on my lips once more. Once I was placed on my feet once again, I spotted Aria staring sadly at Ashton from afar as he pulled a blonde strand of hair out of Abby's face and cupped her cheek. Then, what I knew would probably crush her the most, he kissed her.

Abby was Ashton's New Years kiss and I knew that would sting Aria pretty bad.

She quickly shifted her gaze back to Jai, who was looking at her in admiration.

"What are you staring at?" Calum questioned while putting his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder. I pointed my finger gingerly at Aria and I felt the smirk on his face. "Trying to help her move on?" I nodded my head. "My girlfriend is a genius."

I laughed lightly at his response. "You already know it."

My attention was fully back on Aria when she put her arms around Jai's neck and kissed him, resulting for Jai's eyes to widen. However, the shock quickly went away and his hands gripped her hips.

They wouldn't make that bad of a couple, to be quite honest.

"Woo, Jai! Get it!" Beau's retarded self shouted from the other side of the pool. James, Luke, and Daniel began to wolf whistle and even took pictures, which caused me to think about those photos ending up on Twitter possibly by tonight.

Jai was smiling at his brother's remark, but the kiss still continued.

"Get some, Aria!" I shouted words in encouragement, earning a laugh from Calum and the rest of the guys. Right when I said that, she just busted out laughing. Since I got here, I haven't seen her laugh that much in a while. It was a real laugh-- like she was enjoying herself for the first time out of the five months.

However, when I shouted Aria's name, I couldn't help but notice Ashton's attention shift instantly from Abby to Aria. I suppose he must have put the puzzle together since he didn't dare to stop his make out session with Abby when they shouted Jai's name. But with Aria, it clicked.