The one I loved

Growing up for me wasn't easy.

My mom died of cancer when I was two and my dad was an abusive drunk.

All I had for comfort was my SNES. I saved up a lot of money to get since my Dad wouldn'y buy it for me.

One night Dad came home drunck and was pissed off at me for no reason. He smashed my SNES and beat me with the cords.

My Dad died a one year later and I was now living with my Aunt and Uncle. They always encouraged me to get out and make friends, but I never really fitted in at school.

One day in class I noticed a guy staring at me out of the corner of my eye. His name was Jake and he was ceautiful.

No guys ever talked to me and I never thought of myself as the greatest looking girl in the school. Surely he was out  of my leage. But one day he came up to me while I was sitting alone and started talking to me.

We really hit it off and talked all luch period. He gave me his number and I blew up on the inside with joy!

I built up the corage to ask him out on a date after weeks of talking to him. We saw a move and he took me for dinner. That night he asked me to be his girlfriend. When I said yes it was the greatest day of my life!!!

Before I met him I was contemplating suicide as I was in a deep depression over my life, but being with him made it all worthwhile again. I was making more friends and was generally happier. He made a spin on my entire life.

After one year of loving him I finally told him about my life before him and about that beating my Dad gave me. It was painful to remember and I cried on him sholder alongside him.

On my birthday I called him at least twenty times but no answers. I found out the next day that he was in a car accident on his way to see me. I was devestated. My  world came crashing down. The only person to ever reach out to me was dead.

One week later his Mom came to my front door holding a package. She said she had found it in the back of Jake's closet and that it belonged to me.

I first read the card attached. It said, "To Lilith the strongest and most carinf woman I ever loved. - Love J" I opened the box and burst into tears.

The only person I felt really cared about me knew exactly what to get me for my birthday. A Super Nintendo. He changed my life and picked me up when I was at my lowest point. The reason I still have faith in huanity was because of hime. I will never forget him. I love you Jake. xxx <3