If Girls ask Guys, why don't the guys Man up?

It would have been a normal day if it was not for all the events that had occurred in the last four hours. Many times she had sat, thinking about what could have been, what should be, and what might happen. But today was a day of action. A day that would be forever remembered in her mind as The Day.

It all started out as a typical day. Wake up, wash face, cleanse, apply makeup, and try on multiple outfits until one suited the "occasion". The "occasion" was a simple, yet daunting task: to talk to her crush Ethan. He was not the one for words, nor was she, but yet she longed to have a conversation with him. His great blue eyes would always constrict her heart and it would speed up in a fear, an irrational fear of such a beautiful man. Although she feared him, she wanted him to acknowledge her, and anytime he would ask a question, she would try to butt in and answer. Yet her luck always evaded her, and as karma saw it, she would remain unknown to him until today.

She arrived at school, dressed up in her cutest butter yellow shirt with the ruffles, and her favorite pair of True Religion flare jeans, just enough cuteness to give her confidence. Her plan was to ask their French teacher to put a sticky note in his test to ask him out to the annual "girls ask guys" dance. It was all going according to plan until she actually approached the classroom to ask her teacher. Her fear was that she would get rejected and as she asked, she felt a burden jump on to her shoulders. A large burden it was!

The words she then said fell out of her mouth as if they were skydiving and one decided to go before it was supposed to, and the others chickened out. "Can Mademoiselle, I mean me, no I mean you, put ... no. Uh could you do me a favor by putting a sticky note on Ethan's test? Oh... I need a sticky note... Oh and can I borrow a sticky note... no. A person doesn't borrow paper... I mean have a sticky note to ask out Ethan to the Girls ask Boys dance? I wanted to do it anyways but my friends sort of peer pressured me to do it. "

As the Mademoiselle listened intently, she pulled out a pad of sticky notes, and markers and said in a calm, soothing voice "If it weren't for my friends I would have never called my husband, therefore we would have never been married."

And with that, our protagonist swiftly took a marker, and wrote 'Sadie? Adriana(:' and thanked the teacher for her extra encouragement. Nothing felt better than knowing that he might say yes...

A few periods later, as soon as the bell rang, Mademoiselle handed out the tests, she looked his way, and he did not say anything. He tucked in the test into his backpack and left.

It bothered her mind; every five minutes she would wonder 'has he checked his test yet?' but then who would want to check their test? As she thought of him opening up the test, and reading the note, her heart would skip a beat. It was not as if she had proposed to him, but it was just as important. She had never been to the "Girls ask guys" dance before, even if she was a sophomore. It was all on him to see if she would go to the dance, and she was dying for her crush to say yes, fall madly in love with her and for them to become a couple. Well, little did she know, he had read the note during his APUSH class and had silently thought to himself:

"I don't want to say no to her, but I have to. I'm already going to Chicago to see my cousin Mark and see colleges. Oh well. I'll tell her after class... ... ..."

And as he thought this to himself, the bell rang, he walked out of class. He had to tell her this in person then ask her out. As his palms became clammy, and his forehead became sweaty, she came out of class. As her peacock green backpack bobbed up and down she pulled out her phone; he walked up right behind her, but since her 'fight or flight' response was triggered by the fear he instilled in her, she ran off.

Even if she couldn't see him completely her peripherals had caught him sulking back dejectedly after her little escape. Her friend joined her and she told her about the little run.