Chapter 1

Sophia's POV

"You haven't signed a contract with Chanel, have you?" Summer asked looking up from her magazine at me.

"No, why?" I asked her.

"Because apparently Sophia Evelyn Bailey was seen leaving Chanel fashion house in Paris on Thursday avoiding any questions asked about her new contract becoming the new face of Chanel." Summer read out what the magazine had said.

"You really need to stop reading those magazines and as a matter of fact on Thursday I was at home. In Russia." I told her rolling my eyes at the fact that she even reads anything the media say.

"OK, I was just asking. You never know." She said dropping the magazine and picking up a book to read instead.

Just as I was about to say something to Summer, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered, I never look at the caller ID although I really should start.

"Hi Soph, I was wondering if you could come out for lunch." A deep mesmerizing voice replied, one that could make any girl stutter especially me.

"Um...um I'm not sure I might have plans." I responded just barely forming a sentence.

"Is 12 O'clock at White Clover okay?" He asked ignoring the fact I said I might have plans.

"Um...o-okay." I replied stuttering not bothering to tell him again that I have plans. Anyway who would turn down some time to spend with your crush even if you are one of his closest childhood friends.

"Okay see you soon then." He said before he ended the call. I was about to put my phone into my bag when it started ringing, Again.

"Hello darling! Well done on the contract with Chanel on Thursday. We need to meet up and talk all about it. How about Sunday tomorrow?" My very cheerful mother said before I could even say hello.

"Mother, I did not sign a contract with Chanel. Why must you always believe what the media says before you have even asked me?" I asked her annoyed.

"Oh, well never mind darling. Also cancel all your plans for tomorrow because you have a shoot with Trendy High, Dior and Mulberry, be ready at 6 in the morning.." My mother said before hanging up not giving me a chance to object.

I sighed in disappointment of yet another busy day planned ahead for me tomorrow. I haven't had more than 3 hours off all week. It's just been one fashion shoot after another and what made it worse was they weren't even in the same country so I'd get to a country do the shoot for 2 or 3 hours then sleep on the plane on my way to the next shoot in another country.

I grabbed my phone and my Ralph Lauren bag before saying a quick goodbye to Summer and left the apartment. Walking into the lift I put on my sunglasses and applied some lip balm to my lips and waited for the lift to reach the ground floor.

As soon as I got out of the lift I could see the paparazzi ready with their cameras and when they saw me coming they all started pushing each other to try and get a better picture. Luckily lots of celebrities live in this building so it has a lots security guards surrounding the building and they shielded me to stop the paparazzi from squashing me as I hurried to the car that was waiting for me.

"Where to today, Miss?" The driver asked with a polite smile.

"White Clover please." I told the driver and we were soon on our way. The closer we were getting to White Clover the more nervous I felt myself getting. Why do I always feel so nervous whenever I see him?

Summer's POV

"Why must she always do this to me?" I muttered under my breath, even though there wasn't really any need to, seeing as how I was finally alone in the apartment. Sophia never stayed in one place for long, especially our apartment. She was either on a date, at home with her parents, or jetting halfway aross the world for a stupid fashion show. There are far better things to be wasting your time, effort and money on. Like books. Books were always there for me. They were my secret. My treasure. And Sophia was the only one who knew.

As soon as I finally settled back into my book, the bell rang. "WHO IS IT?" I called out in frustration, after only reading around two words. "It's me!" shouted a deep voice I could barely recognize above the rock music I had on. "WHO'S ME?" I retorted, waiting for a reply back.

But I almost fell off the couch when he started walking in, popping his key back into his pocket.

Him.

Theo. Theo Corvus. Thedore Corvus. Theodore Jonathan Covrus.

OH NO. NOT NOW. NOT LIKE THIS. I jumped up to my feet, hiding my book behind my back as I hugged him. As soon as I'd gotten one arm around him, I launched my book down the hallway where it would stay hidden until he left. "Whoa! What's going on?" he croaked out as I realized I may have been hugging him a teensy winsie bit tight.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I'm just really happy to see you," I said, blushing, while he nodded and grinned at me. That was a close one.

"And you should be happy to see me, because I just got you these!" and from behind his back he pulled out a pair of tickets for the Paramore concert. "Are these for me?" I exclaimed, nearly knocking him off his feet. "I love you so much right now!" I said as I put my arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Isn't that what best friends do?"

Yeah. Best friends.

If only he knew.

~*~

Hi guys!

We hope you liked the first chapter of The Hopeless :D Please comment and vote :D We will upload again soon but we're very busy so we will try as hard as we can :) thanks you to @Silver037 for making the cover :D

Thanks

Mun & Leah