You're the only Juan that Mata's to me.

Chapter 1:

{Juan Mata's POV}

My eyes flicker open coming into direct contact with the bright rays from the sun, peeping through the tiny gap where the curtains in the hotel meet. I turn over to face the wall, my eyes meeting a picture from my childhood in Oviedo, Spain. I pick up the photo in the frame carefully and bring it closer to my face. It's a photo of me, my mother, my father, Paula (my sister), Lauryn and Fernando. The girl in the photo, Lauryn, was my first crush at the age of fifteen and also my first kiss too. I'm sure it was my first relationship.

Lauryn is from Newcastle. She was only thirteen when I met her, I was fifteen at the time. She had moved to Oviedo for a while because her dad had been offered well paid work abroad so he couldn't deny that opportunity. She was only in Oviedo for two years and left to go back home to Newcastle, UK. I'm pretty positive that Fernando also dated her for a few years when he moved to the UK to play for Liverpool (then he transferred to Chelsea) until he met Olalla who of course is pregnant with their second child.

I always bring this photo with me whenever I stay at a particular place for a long period of time, it reminds me of the people that mean the most to me. Lauryn and Fernando are my closest friends.

I am currently in London, I am finishing my transfer from Valencia to Chelsea today.

"Juan, hurry up and get ready. Gracias." My father calls from the bathroom, he is my agent as well as my father. "Instead of thinking about that girlfriend of yours, get out of bed." He suddenly bursts into my room.

"Are you and Lauryn together or not?"

"No." I reply as blunt as I can.

"I'm guessing that's a sensitive topic son?" My father asks he voice lowering in volume slightly.

"I haven't seen Lauryn in almost a year dad." I mumble, my voice breaking slightly as I try to hold the tears back. We text frequently and hopefully I'll see her within the next few days because she has recently just moved to Fulham to live with her dad. She's twenty-one and I've just recently turned twenty-three.

"Focus on completing the deal first then we'll sort your girl problems out, how does that sound?" He smiles trying to take my mind off the whole Lauryn situation.

I nod my head in recognition hoping that I bump into her sometime soon. We have a lot of catching up to do. My parents loved her and still love her now, she is definitely my closest friends despite the distance we had when I played for Valencia.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Just sign the dotted line there after reading through the contract please Juan and that is the transfer complete!" Andre Villa Boas states as I am seconds away from completing my £23.5 million move to Chelsea from Valencia. I quickly sign the dotted line of my contract.

It's official. I am now a footballer of Chelsea Football Club.

"Thank you sir, it is a pleasure to sign for this club. I hope to win numerous trophies here with you and this squad. Thank you for taking an interest in me, you won't regret it. Fernando Torres recommended I accept this offer, he loves this club and even though I have only just signed, I am loving it here already. I can't wait to have a challenge in the Premier League, it's honestly a dream to be playing here in England. Bring on the Premier League." I grin, shaking AVB's hand as we pose for a photo.

"You'll fit in here, the fans will adore you. Good luck, it is gonna be a challenging few years for this squad. Speaking of the squad..." He smiles, trailing off the final part of his sentence. "They're out there training now. Would you like us to show you around Cobham?"

"Yes. Yes please." I grin, trailing behind Ron Gourlay and AVB. This place is brilliant. I have only just arrived here and I'm already starting to feel welcome. Cobham, the training ground, is astonishing compared to facilities we had over in Valencia.

After touring around the inside training facilities such as: massage rooms, treatment rooms and of course training rooms, we finally head outside to meet my future team mates. Of course I already knew Fernando Torres and a few others.

I take in a deep breath. "Wow..." I mumble to myself in astonishment. It does not feel real to be calling legends like Lampard and Terry my team mates. I'm one hundred percent grateful for being given this amazing opportunity from this club.

I notice a girl with long brown hair tied up in a loose ponytail treating Luiz who has picked up an injury during the training session wearing tight yoga pants and her Chelsea training sweater. She has quite prominent jaw line and cheekbones from where I am standing; she is also extremely attractive. No wonder these players go down so easily. She finishes treating Luiz and pulls her bobble from her hair, shaking her hair slightly to sort it out. She looks a little familiar. Most likely because she does look like a mix between Kylie Jenner and Mila Kunis.

"Lauryn, is he alright?" Andre shouts from the sidelines. Lauryn? As in the girl I met on holiday when I was younger and have been close to ever since that very day? I haven't seen Lauryn in just about a year, could be more than that to be honest. She has changed a considerate amount but in a good way. An extremely good way in fact.

"Yes, he's good to go." She shouts over, giving Andre the thumbs up.

"That's Abramovich's daughter if you hadn't realized that already." Villas Boas states. I already knew that of course but I could not tell him that. I could feel my father's eyes piercing a hold in the side of my face. He is thinking the same as me. "Lauryn?" He shouts in order to get her attention.

"Come over here for a second please?"

My heart starts racing seeing Lauryn for the first time in almost a year.

"This is Juan, Juan Mata. This is Lauryn, Lauryn Abramovich." AVB smiles and walks off swiftly away from us with my father almost looking like they had both set us up together.

"Juan?" She squeaks, her voice cracking slightly as if she was going to cry at any moment.

"It has been a while." I smile patting the space next to me on the wall for her to sit on.

She takes a seat next to me. "Yeah it has. You will have to sleep over at mine tonight or something, my dad has travelled over to Russia with my mam for a few weeks. I hope you can remember my mam is the Geordie one alongside all of her family of course." Lauryn giggles.

"How could I forget?" I chuckle. "Yes I think I will if that is okay."

"I need to tell you a few things. I have missed you Juan, a lot." She sighs playing with the ends of her long hair. "You know, those two years I spent in Spain ten years ago were honestly the best years of my life to this day. Ever since then, it has all gone downhill."

"What do you mean?"

"I'll explain tonight." She sighs, I can see in her face that she wants to avoid this subject at the moment. "I suppose you could come around after training?"

"I have some essentials in my car anyway so yeah I guess I will." I wink making eye contact with her.

"Let's go and find your dad, eh?" She giggles tracing the palm of my hand making me shiver like a little kid at the tickling sensation of her touch. I nod and follow her side by side, not wanting to leave her.