Chapter One

*edited

*Picture of Olivia on the side

Thump!

It was around two in the morning, when Olivia first heard the mysterious noise coming from somewhere outside her window. Normally, she would have just sent her father to check it out, but her parents were still out of town and she was too deeply engrossed in Cassandra Clare’s novel, “City of Fallen Angels" to acknowledge it. So she merely glanced at the window and continued to read the book.

She was just about to turn the page when…

Thump!

 Olivia turned and glared at the window as if it was the window’s fault for disturbing her.

Thump!

Sighing, she bookmarked her page and climbed out of bed and made her way to the window. If it was one of those idiots throwing rocks at her window, she was going to kill them.

“Olivia.” An unfamiliar voice called out from outside, causing her to stop mid step. Apparently, it wasn't one of those idiots.

Panic started to overcome her. She now regretted choosing the bedroom on the first floor instead of the one upstairs. Her fear of the house catching on fire and being so far from the exits kept her from even choosing a room that wouldn't have strange things lurking outside the windows. And now thanks to that fear, she was about to get slaughtered like the girls in the horror films.  Olivia turned to face her mirror and examined herself. She was wearing the Kingdom Hearts shirt she always wore to bed and a pair of tight black girl boxers with her straight black hair pulled back into a ponytail. 

Great, they're going to find my lifeless body looking like this... she thought to herself.

“Olivia!” she heard again.

Oh God, I'm going to die a virgin.

She shook her head and walked up to the window. In a quick motion, she pulled open the curtains and a loud squeak came from her when she saw a face pressed against the window. She placed her hand over her racing heart, trying to calm it down. When she finally managed to calm down, she turned to the face and tried to see who or what it was. They still had their face pressed against the window, causing their face to squish up, so the only thing she could make out was black hair and a set of wide deep brown eyes that stared up at her. Olivia stared intensely back the eyes, sensing something familiar about them... Then it clicked.

“David?!” she asked as she rushed over to open the window.

“David placed his finger against her lips and his supposed whisper came out as a harsh yell. “Shh! Your parents will hear us!” David began talking nonsense, but Olivia was too busy staring at him to try to figure out what he was saying. 

"What are you doing here?" Olivia asked him.

David smiled up at her and his words seemed to slur as he talked. "I thought we could work on our research papers together." Olivia’s whole body stood still as she tried to process what was going on. Why did David want to work on the research paper together that wasn't due  until the end of the semester? Also, how did that justify him asking her this at this hour?

David Cortez and Olivia Accardi had gone to the same school since elementary. They basically grew up around each other! Although they weren't what some would consider friends, they had managed to always see each other on a daily basis. They took most of their classes together, got invited to all the same parties, and even though they ran in different circles, they had plenty of mutual acquaintances. It also helped that they lived six houses down from each other. But never in her life had she ever imagined that the famous David Cortez would be standing outside her window.